𝖛𝖎𝖎, fifteen

naomi was awoken to starships by nikki minaj blasting in her room with her led lights flashing in her eyes.

"wake up!!!!" lily and dior shouted into what naomi realized was a bedazzled megaphone. the obnoxious noise was loud enough to make her want to rip her ear drums out.

she groggily sat up covering her eyes from the flashing lights. soon as she went to get out of bed confetti exploded all over her room. 

"happy fifteenth birthday!!" dior and lily shouted once more tackling the girl in a hug. naomi laughed as they all fell back onto her bed.

"thanks now your kinda squishing me." she spoke muffled into a shirt. the two girls apologized and got off of her.

"do you feel any older?" lily teased earning a playful eye roll from the girl. she always asked naomi this question. it was like tradition.

and she always responded with, "one year closer to being able to date andrew garfield."

dior picked up a box of donuts she had set on naomi's desk and brought them over to her bed. she always had gotten her donuts on her birthday.

she thanked her sister and grabbed a strawberry donut out of the box and began to eat it as she reached over to grab her phone. 

"so i know you don't really want to do anything today but i still got a cake." dior explained while turning on naomi's tv.

"that's fine." the girl smiled. she saw lily and dior exchange some kind of silent look but she didn't try to read into it. 

dior scrolled on netflix until finding spider-man and turning it on for her sister and lily. "i gotta go pick up the cake. i'll be back later." she said before wishing the girl another happy birthday and leaving.

naomi looked on her phone to see no texts from nick. she could have sworn she told him what day was her birthday. but it didn't matter. she didn't care who texted her happy birthday.

"you okay mimi?" lily said nudging the girl snapping her out of thought. she nodded smiling, "yeah! sorry i just got lost in my thoughts."

"well after we eat do you wanna go shopping for your birthday outfit?" lily asked taking a sip of her iced coffee that was covered in so much caramel it was like diabetes in a cup.

naomi nodded. 

today was going to be a good day.

walker walked around the store with aryan looking for naomi's birthday gift. maybe it was a smidge last minute. but lily had only told them a week ahead of time it was naomi's birthday and she wanted them all to come down and help through a surprise party. 

so walker dragged the older teen to the mall with him to help pick a gift out.

"how about this?" aryan said holding up a pink alligator stuffed animal.

"no dude." walker sighed shaking his head. "i gotta find something good. that holds value."

"should i be offended?"