Cast and characters

Harry Styles as Ariel: the 15-year-old adventurous and headstrong merman prince of Atlantica.

Zayn Malik as Sebastian: a red Caribbean crab with a Jamaican accent who serves as King Michael's advisor and court composer.

Michael Clifford as King Triton: Harry's strict and overprotective father and the ruler of Atlantica who is prejudiced towards humans.

Asher Angel as Shelbow: a member of the Catfish Club Band.

Katy Perry as Marina Del Rey.

Louis Tomlinson as Flounder: a yellow tropical fish who is Harry's best friend.

Nicole Scherzinger as Attina: the eldest sister who keeps the others in order and is always following her father's words.

Mariah Carey as Adella: the third oldest sister who dreams of falling in love with a boy.

Selena Gomez as Andrina: the second youngest sister who is sarcastic and likes to joke around.

Miley Cyrus as Alana: the second oldest sister who is interested in beauty, fashion and is very cautious with her appearance.

Ariana Grande as Aquata: the middle sister who is tough, but shy and can't dance.

Demi Lovato as Arista: the third youngest sister who is very quirky and often "borrows" other people's things. She joins the band at the end of the movie.

Cole Sprouse as Benjamin: Katy's mild-mannered manatee sidekick.

Crystal Leigh as Queen Athena.

Casey Cott as Ink Spot: a member of the Catfish Club Band.

Tom Holland as Swifty: a member of the Catfish Club Band.

Austin Butler as Cheeks: a member of the Catfish Club Band.

Ashton Irwin as Ray-Ray: a member of the Catfish Club Band.