Chapter one: The Beginning and Lost Queen

"The world above is a wonderful place," Zayn narrated. "But everyone knows the true magic lies under the sea, where the water is clear, the fish swim free, and the merpeople live in the beautiful kingdom of Atlantica."

Every merpeople was holding hands swimming around in laughter while some are spending time with their children and playing music for everyone to hear.

Then everyone gathered around the front gate waiting for their king to enter then the horns blew.

"King Michael ruled the seas with a fair hand..." Zayn spoke.

Everyone was waving at him. "Yoo-hoo!"

Michael nods his head. "You're too kind." he said kindly with a nod approaching his people holding his trident. He turned to where a merman and mermaid were holding a baby who was cooing at him.

"...and an open heart."

Harry was behind his father waving to everyone and laughing. "Harry!" he said happily seeing his son. Harry swam over to him. "Oh!" Harry went beside Michael, hearing a flute. Michael grabbed the flute from the merboy who looked at it then blew it for the royal prince to cover his ears, then they laughed. Michael gave the flute back and swam back into the palace along with his youngest and only son following him. Harry was on his father's shoulder and he looked up at the beautiful roses and started picking at them.

Michael looked behind him, seeing his son happy makes his heart shine more. "Let's go." he said, swimming up the rooms where his other daughters and beloved wife are.

"Oh, mon." Zayn said.

Michael and Harry entered the other room seeing his queen and Harry and his sisters mother singing to them. Harry looked at his father and hugged him then swam to his bed next to his mother.

"No one loved music more than Michael's queen, Crystal. She and their six darling daughters and one youngest prince filled his life with joy and song." Zayn spoke.

Crystal:

Oh, the waves roll high
And so it goes under a bright blue
Endless sky

She swims down to Harry and covers her up close.

Crystal:

Waves try to measure

Michael stood next to her watching his queen give Harry a kiss on the cheek.

Crystal:

The days that we treasure
Wave hello
And wave goodbye

"Goodnight, kids." Crystal said lovingly at her children. "Goodnight mom, mommy." the girls and Harry said before going to sleep.
—————
The next day

"Yes, the king loved his queen, and he took every opportunity to show her." Zayn spoke.

Michael had a special gift for his queen while the girls and their son Harry play. And where it would be something that would show her exactly how much he loved her. He gave Crystal a shell charm with music inside of it. Not just any music, it was their song. She smiled and gasped with joy then looked up at her husband and he starts singing.

Michael:

Endless sky

"Our song." Crystal said in surprise.

"Our song." Michael smiled as he stroked his true love's face and she smiled, looking back at him with her ocean blue eyes, feeling like the happiest mermaid to love. And where this was a lovely moment they had together with everyone.

"Oh, mon! It was a magical time! The pure joy of song-filled life in Atlantica." Zayn spoke.

It was a magical day for all. Merpeople played their instruments, exposing their gift of song to the world. The six sisters and youngest brother came from behind the rocks to spy on their parents. The kids giggled a bit as Michael was about to share a kiss with his queen. Michael noticed them, told Crystal to keep quiet, then he dove into the water for a swim and decided to play with his children. The children went down except for Mariah, who was pulled back with them to hide behind the rock with their giggles.

Michael then came behind them and carried all of his daughters and son on his arms, except for Demi who was on his head, but they all laughed at the little surprise. Crystal laughed, enjoying seeing her loving family at play. The girls and Harry giggled once they all landed back into the ocean and Michael took a ride with them on his back.

"But even the brightest days can be darkened by an unseen tempest." Zayn spoke.

Harry gasped. All the merpeople looked in alarm as they saw the clouds changed and a ship was coming to the ocean. It was a pirate ship!

"Go!" Michael commanded to his people as he grabbed his daughter and son in his arms.

Poor Nicole had her tail suck against the rocks. Once she was free, she swims down. Crystal was going to get the music box, she just couldn't leave that to the pirates.

"Somewhere in the chaos, Queen Crystal was lost to us." Zayn spoke sadly.

Michael looked around for his wife. He looked up and saw her swimming. "Crystal... Crystal!" He shouted with his arms stretched out to her.

Crystal turned around, seeing the pirate ship getting closer to the rocks. The pirate ship wrecked and crashed on Crystal then Michael yelled out. "No!" his voice echoed.

He saw the only thing left was the music box. The music box slowly plays Crystal's song and making him very sad and angry, mostly angry with humans.

"Every note of that lovely melody seemed to deepen the king's anguish. He couldn't bare to hear it." Zayn said.

Michael held the music box close. He was so angered and depressed. He threw it against the surface to be nearly gone forever.

"From that moment on, the king's heart stayed dark. And music was banned from Atlantica. Forever." Zayn said sadly.