Walk of shame? No Strut of Power

Y/n's POV:

I wake up on a bare chest and snuggle in it feeling comfortable, skin on skin contact hasn't happened for me much but I love it. Until I realize who it is. I shoot up in horror, I look down at a naked Steve Harrington, and a naked me. This can't be happening. I definitely did not sleep with my best friends boyfriend. I pinch myself and the pain is so alert that I knew that this was real, just like I did when I first got here. 

I jump out of the bad and pull yesterday's clothes back on, and they smell like mildew, fucking great. Now I have to go home and get yelled at by dad, this can't be happening. I'm about to leave when I hear a voice from the bed.

"So your doing the walk of shame? Come back to bed." 

I freeze and slowly turn to Steve. It hits me then that I have the advantage, I may be the backstabber who slept with her best friends boyfriend, and while there was definitely attraction there, I was drunk. He on the other hand was sober. While it was all consensual and in the moment I definitely wanted Steve that feeling is gone. I could easily turn this into an "I was drunk Nancy, I would've slept with anyone that drunk, even you! He on the other hand was as sober as he could be."

"Walk of shame," I ask with a laugh before adding, "No Steve this is my strut of power. I was drunk and that clouded my judgement meanwhile you were sober. Imagine if Nancy found out that you slept with her best friend completely sober. I know you don't want that kind of thing following you cause I would like to think you actually like her. So you are gonna keep your mouth shut and we are going to act like this never happened. If Tommy and Carol know then I need you to do whatever it takes to keep their mouths shut or so help me Steve I will tell them."

He nods and I walk out. I start walk when I notice Barbs car is still there, odd. I walk all the way to the trailer which was not fun. I walk in quietly and see dad slumped on the couch, I try to sneak to my room when he wakes up. "You stink, like alcohol. And smoke. And.. Mildew?" 

"Uhmmmmmm, no?"

"That is the worst way of trying to tell me you "weren't at a party."" Dad says with air quotes, I cringe in embarrassment. 

"Can I not be grounded?" 

"Not an option. You no longer leave this house without me knowing, no TV, and no Byers."

"NO BYERS?"

"That's right no Byers."

I huff and go to my room, I peel my clothes off to see hickeys on my chest. I groan and pull on a long t-shirt and grab some clothes for after the shower.

~~

I get out of the shower and dress myself. I put on a tight black t-shirt and a jacket with red, yellow, and green squares on it. I pull up my jeans and put on a belt.

 I pull up my jeans and put on a belt

(Like the image above)

I go to my room and grab the pack of camels dad's one night stand gave. I find my lighter on my bed and groan in my stupidity of searching everywhere when it was right in front of me yesterday. I pull on my converse and head out to my car. I'm basically running to avoid dad, he was to groggy to yell earlier but I know he's awake enough to now. 

~~

I should've headed straight to school but, I went to the Wheeler's instead. I had forgotten all about visiting El last night and needed to make sure she knew I wasn't abandoning her. I see the Mrs. Wheeler's car isn't that making things much easier. I park a little down the road and head to the basement door. I open in a walk in, shocked to see Mike there with El. I place my hands on my hips and he freezes with guilt. 

"What are you doing home and not at school young man?" I ask

"I well.. Um- Wait. Why aren't you at school?"

I laugh and his counter "Touche." I look at El and I can tell shes angry.

"You lied."

I sigh, "I know I'm sorry it lost track of time and forgot to come here, I'm so sorry El. I'll make you some waffles though." She lights up and I had no idea that she loved waffles until now. I giggle and head upstairs with the two. I pop some waffles in the toaster and put butter and syrup on the when their done. She starts to eat them quickly and Mike looks disgusted. I laugh, "Slow down honey or you'll choke." She slows her eating. We head up to Mike's room and he show's her the toys. We hear Mrs. Wheeler pull up and Mike and I say, "Shit." At the same time.

"Okay El, you have to hide." He begins to open the door to walk out and El raises her handand slams it with her powers, he stands and stares at her in shock and she says, "No."

Her noes starts to bleed and I whip it with my sleeve. "El please stay okay? Hide in the closet we'll be back soon okay?" 

She nods numbly and I walk her to the closet and shut the door. Mike runs out to let his mom know he's hear, he runs back and lays in bed and I sit beside him pretending to touch his head. Mrs. Wheeler comes up and asks what we're doing home and not at school.

Mike coughs and say, "I'm not feeling well I called Y/n over to check on me because you weren't home." I nod.

She sighs and says, "I think I know what this is." Panicking we both say, "You do?"

She nods and says, "You guys were worried about Will so Y/n came over to try to comfort you right?"

I nod quickly, "Yes, that's right we were just so sad we needed to be with each other."

She nods sympathetically, "If there's anything you two need then let me know okay?" We nod and she walks out. I wait a moment and rush to the closet to see El there crying. I pull her to me and run her hair, feeling the roughness of the buzz cut under my hands. "Shh its alright, I'm here its okay. Nothing bad's going to happen I'm here your safe." She calms down and breaths. We sit and talk for a while  the 3 of us and I look and Mike and say, "Call Lucas and Dustin over so she can tell the about her powers and explain whats happening, I'll be back later."

"Where are you going?" Mike asks.

"To school, I have some things to handle there"