Eight

Leah pov
I wake to sunlight streaming through the window and Walker watching me. I watch him through slitted eyes. He's smiling and I can see that he doesn't know I'm awake.

Dior, Charlie and Aryan are all not here. Walk and I are alone. Which is why I'm surprised when Walker starts talking.

'Leah, you are the prettiest girl I've ever met, and the sweetest. I know you don't know what I'm saying because you're asleep, but when you wake up, I'm gonna ask you on a date. Hopefully. If I can get up the courage. But the reason I saying this is because... you don't need to be upset. I know you think people don't love you as Annabeth, but you're MY Annabeth.'

With that he lapses into contented silence. After a few minutes I pretend to wake up. What can I say, I'm not an actress for nothing. He was fully convinced I had just woken up.

'Hi Walk.' I blink up at him, feigning sleepiness.

'Hi Leah.' He softly smiles and strokes my cheek.

'I-' he starts.

'I do wanna go on a date.' I cut him off with a shy smile.

He looks absolutely shell shocked. 'What-'

'I was awake. I heard EVERYTHING!' I grin triumphantly.

'Ok, well let's go on a date then!' He smiles, getting over his initial shock.

'Where to?' I ask, staring into his blue eyes. Oh my life, they are captivating. His beautiful sapphire orbs gaze back into my chocolate ones, and I feel myself getting lost in them. He smirks slightly, realising what I'm doing, and stares straight back. Oh my dear lord, his EYES.

'Walk? Where to?' I snap out of my trance.

'Oh! Um...' looks like Mr Macho Tough Guy has been losing himself in MY eyes, too.

'What about the cinema?' I ask him, trying not to laugh.

'Sounds good.' He responds, running his hands through my braids.

'Cinema it is, then.' I beam.
——————
Walkers pov
I can't help myself, I run my hands through Leah's goddess braids again. We have a DATE. This is awesome. On the date, I can ask her to be my girlfriend. This is gonna be great.

-time skip to the next day, a bit before the date-

I stare at myself in the mirror. 'My god Walker, just stop stressing!' My sister, Leena, groans. 'You look fine!'

'I can't look fine. I have to look normal but good!' I adjust my jeans.

'That doesn't even make sense!'

'Does too!'

'I get it.' Leena's tone softens a little. 'You want to look good because this may be your only chance.'

'Leena!' I complain. 'Not helping!'
———————
Leah pov
'Floyyyyd?' I screech down the stairs.

'What?' Comes the reply.

'Nothing!' I yell.

I stare at myself. Long Annabeth braids, black leggings, blue crop top and converse. Not too casual, not too overdressed. It's fine. But I find myself obsessing anyways.

'What?' Floyd comes into my room.

'I said nothing.'

'You must have called for a reason.'

Ugh. He raises a good point.

'Do I look ok?' I twirl for my brother.

He stares at me. 'Why you asking me?'

'Good point. You have no fashion sense whatsoever.' I snark.

'That's not what-'

'Shut your face, Floyd.' I sigh. 'Sorry, I'm stressed.'

Floyd laughs. 'Leah. He's crazy for you.'

I roll my eyes skyward and he snorts. 'It's true though.' He walks out of my room.

I fall onto my bed. Why is life so complicated?
————————
Walker's pov
-time skip to the date (like 5pm)-

I stand outside the cinema, fidgeting and looking for Leah. What if she doesn't show? What if I've been set up?

The I see her. She's walking toward the cinema, the evening sun gleaming behind her, creating a golden aura that almost makes her look like an immortal angel.

Her goddess braids cascade down her back and fly around her face. She's wearing a blue crop top paired with black leggings and converse. She looks like a literal goddess.

My mouth practically drops to the ground and I find myself staring like an idiot. She stops in front of me and gives a soft, shy smile. 'Hi Walk.'

I snap out of my daze. 'H-hi Leah.' I stammer. I probably look like an absolute fool.
————
Leahs pov
Walker looks like a god.

He is dressed in jeans, a white Nike T shirt that makes his skin look super tanned, and white Nike Air Forces. He looks incredible. I probably look lame and boring in comparison.

We walk into the cinema.