Sixteen

A/N
I'm taking another reader request for this next chapter! Thank you to @Jennay074 for the request!
Also btw I don't know if Heather or Peter have siblings, and I don't know if they argue, so... that might it be factually incorrect but whatever.
————-
Leah pov
I curl into Walker's side. My hand is on his chest and he's doing that cute thing where he runs his hands through my hair. We're watching The Little Mermaid at my hotel room and Floyd is out.

A knock sounds on the door. 'Walker?' A voice projects from the other side of the door.

'Come in!' I call. Me and Walker move apart, just in case it's his family, or Floyd. We still haven't told them about him and I. His family didn't watch the interview, and Floyd was too busy. Plus we agreed we couldn't face telling them after the humiliation of that interview.

Heather pokes her head into the room.

'Hi Mrs Scobell!' I chirp. I love Walker's mum. She's the nicest.

'Hello Leah.' Mrs Scobell smiles warmly. 'How are you?'

'I'm good.' I smile back.

'And call me Heather.' She winks.

'Ok, Heather.' I laugh.

'Walker honey, it's time to go.' Heather sits down on ten couch next to us.

'Where?' Walker sits up.

'Remember, we're going to visit your uncle. It's only a week!' Heather smiles at her son.

'What? But it's Leah's birthday tomorrow! I have to be here!' Walker slumps back on to the couch, his energy gone.

'Oh, honey, I know. But we need to go visit the relatives. And we'll be back before you know it. You and Leah can celebrate a different time.'

'Walker, it's okay. Heather's right. We can celebrate when you get back. It's fine.' I mask my emotions with a shrug and a smile. What can I say, I'm not an actress for nothing. Heather seemed totally convinced that I was fine with it.

'See, Walk. Leah's okay with it. Come on.' She says.

'Do I have to?' Walker rubs his head.

'Yes.' Heather places her hand on her son's shoulder.

'Go on. I'll see you in a week.' I try for a brave smile.
Walker isn't fooled. He knows my moves, and he literally acts with me. He knows when I'm acting.

'Okay... I'll be there in five minutes, Mum.' Walker shoos Heather out of the room.

Heather just smiles and walks out. 'Five minutes, Walk!' She calls.

Walker shuts the door. 'I'm so sorry, Leah. I had no idea. I-'

'It's ok.' I interrupt him. 'It's only a week.'

'I'm sorry.' Walker wraps me in a hug. He's warm and homey. I bury my head in his shoulder, let a tear fall from my eye, but quickly recover, standing and smiling.

'See you soon, Walker.'

'Okay.' Walker touches my cheek. 'See you in a week.'

He leaves and I fall onto the couch.

'Why this week?' I whisper aloud to the ceiling, letting the tears flow.
————
Walker pov
'Mum! Why this week?' I burst into our hotel room.

'Honey, this was the week that works. It's gonna be fine. I have permission from Mr Riordan to take you out of filming for just a week.' My mum hugs me.

'Heather Scobell.' I growl. 'I'm staying here.'

'Walker Scobell.' My mother counters. 'You are coming with us.'