Part one: Mama said never visit the tunnels.

The cool and brisk air whipped across my face. My light blonde hair flowing into the wind like water into a river. The smell of syrniki assaulted my nose. It got me up, jumping out of my bed at the prospect of eating cheese pancakes! Moving away the covers I moved to the mirror to put on my clothes. Red leather Jacket, white cloth t-shirt, crisp brown trousers and high length dark boots. Such fashion choices were not fashionable among my friends however I always considered the typical adidas outfits common among us Ukrainian teenagers to be ugly.

I looked around my room to try and find my phone. Aside from my bed my room had a Max Barskih poster, a photo of my mama and a couple of cabinets and shelves. Not the biggest or most exiting room in the world but my favourite room non the less. The best bit of the room was the larger open window on the far wall. It gave me a fantastic view of the city of Odesa! The slabbed buildings of the city cut against the backdrop of the wine blue ocean.

Finaly grabbing my phone I continued out of my room and down the stairs to the dining room. My mama was standing over the hob in the kitchen while my elder sister Natasia was sitting at the table reading some magazine too uninteresting too elaborate on. Siting down mama brought me a plate of pancakes and some water. "Alexander did you take the cottage cheese again?" Asked Mama. "No mama." I responded. "I bet him, and his friends stole it to make alcohol!" Natasia batted in. "How would I even make alcohol out of cheese?" I took a bite of pancake. "I don't know but you do a lot of stupid shit so it wouldn't surprise me." My mother turned "No swearing in my house! You horrible girl!" My sister let out a long sigh. "Whatever." And without another word said opened the front door and left.

My mama sat herself down at the table with me and began reading the paper. "Where's papa?" I asked. "Hess gone to work early today." I sighed. Clearly taking notice of my annoyance my mother held my shoulder. "We were overdue on rent last month. Be glad your father is around at all whilst still trying to make ends meet." We sat in silence. "I suppose so".

"I heard some people from your school were planning to have a little party." I just continued eating. "I assume you would be attending" She continued. "No, I wouldn't" I responded. She seemed unconvinced. "Is that so?" Clearly not wanting to be answered. "Well, I heard from James's mother that you would be going. Does that make his mother a liar?" I took a second to respond. "I suppose so." "Really now?" She spoke. "You know I think you might be the liar" She elaborated. "Don't lie Alex if you and your friends want to go together and hang out that's fine. Just don't lie to me about it ok?" I was quite surprised. When did my mama allow me to go to parties? "Where are you and your friends going anyway?" "The old catacombs." I responded.

She didn't speak for a long time, and we just continued to eat breakfast. Only when I was about to get up did she talk. "You're not going to that party" she said. "Excuse me?" I responded. She got up and grabbed my arms. "You are not going to those fucking tunnels". I jumped back in surprise "Did you forget? Did you forget all that I have told you! The people that have gone missing! The stories!"

The stories. The stories my Mama would tell me when I was small. Terrible stories. Stories of creature and killers. Legendary heroes and terrible villains. The stories spoke of the Odesa Catacombs. A series of tunnels underneath the city of Odessa. They are the largest series of underground tunnels in all of Europe! They have long been abandoned after their construction, long before that of the famous Paris catacombs.

A slap to the face brought me back to my home. "You are forbidden to go!" I slumped back. "But all my friends are going!" I spoke back. "I don't care what your stupid, stupid, stupid friends are doing!" She shouted. "Never ever will I have one of my children visit those wretched halls! And for what purpose! To get drunk! Have sex with the girls! Do that at home if you must. Just not there!" I looked down "Ok mama".

She gave me an accepting look. "Good boy" She turned back to go back to the kitchen meanwhile I went back up the stairs.

Back in my room I looked under my bed for my secret beer supply. I wasn't going to let my mother ruin my fun for today. Grabbing a six pack and putting it my bag I slung it over my back and moved to the window. I jumped up and pushed through the window onto the middle roof. Stepping foot on the cold black tiles I took a deep breath. This night would be for fun. I would deal with the consequences of my actions later.

I stood before the morning light of the city, breathing in its air I was ready for the coming adventure of the day. Little did I know this would be the last adventure I would have.