Chapter 3: Pallet Town & two new rivals

Simeon was now making his way through Route 1 with Cookie by his side as they were traveling to Pallet Town to meet up with Professor Oak.

"It looks like Pallet Town is just up ahead," Simeon said studying the map he was given.

"Lilipup," Cookie cried out excitedly.

"What up?" Simeon asked glancing at Cookie.

"Lil, pup!" Cookie cried out as she ran over to a sign that read Pallet Town just five miles away.

"We're almost there I see," Simeon smiled as he put away his map realizing he didn't need it anymore since they were almost to Pallet Town.

••••

Simeon and Cookie arrived finally at Pallet Town and walked up a hill toward a large building that was identified as Professor Oak's lab on the map.

"It's just up ahead Cookie," Simeon said as they were almost up the hill.

"Lilipup!"

Once they made it to the top of the hill they saw a large crowd of cheerleaders gathered around waiting for someone.

"Excuse me," He said kindly as he made his way through the crowd of girls and up the stairs, and entered the lab.

"Hello, Professor Oak you here?" Simeon asked.

"Who exactly are you?" A voice asked.

Simeon then noticed a boy around his age with spiky brown hair and brown eyes wearing a long-sleeve purple short, dark grey pants, a yin, and yang necklace, and brown boots with black straps walking towards him holding a Pokeball.

"Ah, you must be Simeon Mayflower," Professor Oak said as he walked out of the back room.

"You know this boy gramps?" The brown hair boy asked.

"Yes Gary this is Simeon from the Unova Region," Professor Oak said."My friend Professor Juniper told me you were coming so follow me and I get your Pokedex updated on information on the Kanto Pokemon and your Pokeball, so you and your little friend and get your journey started."

"Name Gary Oak, and I let you know I'm the best trainer here in Pallet," Gary stated.

"I guess we see how true that is next time we meet," Simeon commented as he followed Professor Oak with Cookie on his side.

Simeon was now standing in front of a large room where three Pokeballs were sitting on a table. He patiently waited as Professor Oak hooked his Pokedex up to a computer.