'Hey sexy, im Sava"

LUCY POV

When Sargeant Grey requested me to come over to Mid Wilshire station yesterday with only the information of a possible undercover op, I casually agreed.
I had assumed it would be a case like any other - some douchebag did something stupid and I was there to catch them out for it - but walking into the station and having all eyes on me, I suspected there may be something a bit weirder going on.

————

"That is so weird... what?!"
I was standing in the interrogation room, only a glass panel between me... and my... doppelgänger?

"What's her name?"
Sava Wu. She was brought in for questioning about some dodgy action around her boyfriend, Jake Butler.

I stared at Sava. It was as though i was seeing myself through a filter. She sported some large volume fake lashes, and sharp acrylic nails. Her hair fell straight, over her bold outfit.
My minimal mascara, short cut nails, neatly tied hair, and crisp police uniform was almost the polar opposite.

But even so, there was no denying our similarities.

————

"To make this all weirder..."
Nyla started.

"Uhm-" I scoffed.
"Weirder??"

"Unfortunately so." Nyla shared with a sigh. "After initially bringing Jake Butler - Savas boyfriend - in, we noticed he too looked very familiar- "

Nyla was rudely interrupted by the door flying open and a tall man walking in. I recognised the sargeant's stripes on his sleeve, and bit my tongue on the lecture I was about to scream out, over such a disrespectful entrance.

"Harper!" He barked. It made me flinch, as his voice echoed the room.
He hadn't noticed me yet, which gave me ample time to admire the sharp line of his jaw, and his perfectly muscular physique.

The sargeant opened his mouth again, and I was reminded of his filthy attitude. The attraction I felt towards him was overtaken by disgust, as he obviously attempted to use his size to intimidate Harper.
I've known Harper long enough to know this wouldn't even make her so much as twitch, and the smirk on her face as he yelled, was evidence that I was correct.

"I thought I told you to shut down this Butler case. It's unsafe and you know it. You are selfishly threatening mine and another UC's life just for the amusement of me looking all gross and greasy!"

Nyla ignored his outburst, turning to me. "Lucy Chen, this is Tim Bradford."

The tall man suddenly turned to his left, seeming to only now notice Lucy's presence.
He shot her a look, which Lucy saw as a mixture of annoyance, shock, puzzlement, and... maybe something else?

"Uhh, hey." He offered quickly.

"Hey." Lucy responded quietly, with a shy wave of her hand.
What the hell was that?

She saw Sargeant Bradfords lips curve upwards slightly, into a cocky smirk that let her know everything she needed to about his confidence.

After the awkward 'conversation', the pair of them turned back to Nyla, who rolled her eyes at their obvious awkward tension, and continued her explanation.

"As I mentioned, Jake Butler also happened to have an extremely similar doppelgänger in the LAPD, and Sargeant Bradford here, is that man."

It was only when an impatient Sava yelled,
"Hellllooooo!!"
,from the other side of the glass, that Tim noticed the elephant in the room, his eyes flicking between Sava and Lucy, before settling steadily onto Lucy, causing a blush to once again creep up onto her cheeks - much to her own annoyance.

"So you're the lucky officer, hey? Getting to play dress ups as some dim witted idiot, while running after some drug lord."

Chen had heard some bagging of undercover work in her time, but it still struck a nerve when a sargeant thought of her work in that way - a rude, annoying, painfully good looking sargeant.

Her eyebrow furrowed, and she looked up at his tall frame seriously. Before she could think about it properly, she burst into a proud defence of her career,
"If that's what you think about undercover work then i'm going to suggest you unstitch those stripes and return to the academy. It takes specialised skills for certain areas of policing, and you would know that, if you would pull your head out of your ass and listen... sir."
She trailed off, realising she's overstepped by about a mile, watching his face change emotions, before finishing on a look of amusement.

"Very well, Officer Chen. Harper, i'll do the case. Don't let Sava or Jake take off anywhere either, we'll need them in the next few days."

Looking over at Nyla, Lucy noticed her expression, obviously confused at Bradford's sudden change of pace.

This is going to be a very memorable case...