𝖈𝖍. 𝖛𝖎 𝖕𝖙. 𝖎𝖎 ; carving through the dark.

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

CHAPTER SIX ; PART TWO .

'Just like Scooby and the gang.'

CARVING THROUGH THE DARK.

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

"

affection - between friends

You're saying what you want right to me,

No filter on your mouth, we know you talk in your sleep,

Remembering the times they won't remember me,

Our nights melt into sequels, you sink into me.

"

⋄⋆෴⋆⋄

OUTER BANKS.

LAIA'S POV

Well, here we go again. Just when I thought things couldn't get any crazier, life decided to throw another steaming pile of crap our way. Seriously, it's like we're starring in our very own disaster movie, and nobody bothered to give us the script.

You know that scene in Transformers where Sam's like, 'I'm just a kid, and life is a nightmare'? Yeah, that's basically my mantra right now. Except replace 'kid' with 'pogue' and 'nightmare' with 'complete and utter chaos.'

I swear, it's like the universe is playing some twisted game of Jenga with our lives, and it's just one block after another crashing down on us.

Just when I thought today might be a rare moment of calm at the chateau, a chance to actually have a normal day amidst the chaos of the past month, we get a call that makes my blood boil. It turns out Pops, Pope's dad, was attacked in broad daylight at his own docks.

Now we're all gathered by the Heyward's dock, in front of their store, staring at the old man with blood dripping from his head.

"Let me know if I'm hurting you." Sarah says, pressing a bandage onto Pops's wound.