Chapter forty

Third person POV

"Look how ugly Jimin looked crying." Yeji snorted, going through the pictures she had just taken. Everyone had bright smiles on their faces, loving how things turned out. 

Taehyung giggled, glancing at Jungkook who was walking a few steps ahead of them, with Yoongi and Hoseok.

The basketball trio were talking about their upcoming big game while the art trio were gushing about the confession. Nobody seemed to care about their punishment. Heck, the loud duo was even excited to spend some more time together.

"This is the cutest shit I've ever seen," Jimin tried not to grimace at the uneven tones, paint thickness and outlining of the pen on paint. He tried to hide the distaste.

"Don't pretend like you weren't about to gag right now," Yeji said in a low voice and surprisingly the other three didn't hear it, too indulged in their discussion.

"Hey, don't make fun of it." Taehyung took away his precious canvas, hugging it. The warm fuzzy feeling intensified again, "It's the best painting I've ever seen, okay? My ultimate favourite."

"Isn't it too early for your love is blind stage?" Yeji nudged him with a teasing smirk, making the guy blush for the nth time that day.

"Let our smitten muffin be." Jimin smiled. They followed the basketball leader into the empty indoor court, walking ahead. Taehyung was still looking at his canvas, smiling warmly.

He didn't notice Jungkook slowing his pace to wait for him. Taehyung bumped into Jungkook as soon as Jungkook turned around to look at him.

"Sorry-"

"You okay?"

"Umm-" Both were a blushing mess just by making eye contact. Looking ahead, Taehyung saw everyone was already inside the indoor basketball court.

"I, uh- I just-" Jungkook started, stuttering and wondering what the heck happened to his speech ability. The sight of Taehyung holding his gift dearly, smiling wholeheartedly made him feel feelings he didn't know what to name.

"I- um, thank you- thank you for accepting it." Jungkook managed to say, truly grateful that one of the top art students accepted his shabby painting and valued it.

"Thank you- for making it for me." Taehyung didn't know how he was holding in all the happy tears. He could cry like a baby right now but didn't want to ruin the lively atmosphere. This was one of the best days of his life.

"Excuse me? Y'all realized we're being punished right now? Continue this lovey-dovey shenanigans later please." Yeji called out, the others laughing when Taehyung and Jungkook rushed inside, awkward and embarrassed.

________________________

Lia went to check up on his club members who were having a penalty for skipping. She was going to apologize on their behalf and somehow decrease the time of their punishment so they could go home early.

She stopped outside the door, hearing laughter, shrieks and chatting from inside. She looked around the corridor to see if she was in the right place.

Opening the door, she didn't expect the club members to have fun while cleaning this huge ass gym.

"What in the world?" She mumbled to herself, watching Yeji and Hoseok run around with mops, cleaning the floor and racing from one corner to another. Jimin was throwing basketballs at them as they dodged and threw them back. Laughing and shrieking, they made it seem like it was some fun activity.

Taehyung and Jungkook were cleaning the windows, talking and smiling. She wondered why both were so flushed when they weren't even running around like other mad people there.