1. Dagur's visit

It's been a year already. Hiccup and Astrid's daughter was born a year ago. Hiccup keeps saying that Aileen, his daughter, looks more like Astrid inside and out. Aileen has golden blonde hair with some brown highlights. Not to forget the ocean blue eyes that can look deep into your soul. And above all, stubbornness. But lately, Hiccup has been having doubts about it. It's much more likely that Aileen inherited Stoick's stubbornness. The little girl didn't allow Astrid or Hiccup to help her get up, climb onto a chair, or help Thor knows what. She always wanted to do it alone. And whenever she did it, Astrid and Hiccup were very proud. Although Aileen was only a year old, she could already talk to some extent. Of course, sometimes she would babble something that didn't make any sense.

In the evening, Astrid and her daughter lay in Aileen's bed. Hiccup sat on the edge of the bed. His daughter was leaning on her mother, who was dangling over Aileen. Like every evening, Hiccup told Aileen about his adventures with at the edge. Aileen sometimes babbled while her father spoke. Her mother tickled her daughter's face with tassels on her scarf that Astrid was once given to Astrid by her mother when Astrid was still pregnant. Astrid did this to tease her daughter. She immediately laughed but then quickly fell silent so that her father could continue the story.
When he finished telling the story, Hiccup gave his daughter and girlfriend a kiss on the forehead and wished them goodnight. After a quick hug, Hiccup went to his and Astrid's room. Of course, Astrid stayed with Aileen for a while. Her daughter snuggled up to Astrid and eventually fell asleep.
"Good night, my little one." Astrid whispered in her daughter's ear and tucked her in.

The next morning, Aileen woke up her parents. She crawled into the bed and lay between Astrid and Hiccup. They noticed because Hiccup and Astrid were practically in a hug.
"Aileen? What are you doing here so early?" Asked Astrid's sleepy voice.
"I couldn't sleep."
"So you decided to wake us up," Hiccup said, mocking angrily. He immediately sat up, took his daughter, and placed her on his lap. But the little Aileen quickly freed herself from her father's arms and sat on her mother's lap.
"Seriously?" Aileen giggled. Astrid held her daughter with one hand and pulled her boyfriend into a hug with the other.

Later that morning, Hiccup was with his father. Stoick wanted Hiccup to become head of the tribe soon. Astrid helped the other women in the village and hung up the laundry. Her daughter was playing with Astrid's axe next to her. Astrid saw two black dots in the sky that were getting closer and closer. Astrid soon realized that they were two certain dragons. She went to Aileen, picked her up, and set off with her to Gobber's forge.
"Dad!" Aileen shouted as soon as she saw her father.
"Hey!" Hiccup immediately picked up his daughter.
"Did something happen?"
"No, don't worry. I just saw Windshear and Sleuther on their way here."
"You mean Heather and Dagur are coming here?" Astrid nodded. Hiccup looked at Stoick. He nodded to him. The next moment, Hiccup, Astrid, and Aileen were already gone.
"Brother!" Dagur greeted Hiccup.
"It's nice to see you again, Hiccup Haddock."
"Mala! I'm happy to see you too."
"Astrid!"
"Heather!" Everyone hugged each other. Only Mala stood there and smiled. Only then did she notice a little girl standing a few meters behind Astrid. Astrid broke away from Heather.
"Astrid, could it be that you have a daughter?" Mala asked. Everyone immediately fell silent. Astrid smiled, turned her head in Aileen's direction, and showed her hand as a sign for her to come over. The little girl immediately ran to her mother and hugged her. Aileen was a little shy.
"Everything is fine. They are our friends. You don't need to be afraid." Astrid's gentle and loving voice calmed her daughter. Then she picked Aileen up and introduced her to Heather, Mala and then Dagur. Somehow, Aileen felt most comfortable with Heidrun of the three. Later, she even fell asleep in Heather's arms.
They talked until late into the night. Only then did they realize what time it was. Heather went into the guest hut. Before that, she had to remove a burdock named Aileen from her, which wasn't easy. Astrid put her daughter to bed. Hiccup was lying in bed as usual when Astrid came into the room. As she took off her shoulder pads, hood, skirt, and shoes and lay down, Hiccup asked his girlfriend.
"What do you think about the whole wedding thing?"
"I don't know what to say. I mean, yes, we've been engaged for two years. But a wedding? Are we ready to take that step?" Hiccup shrugged.
"I..." Astrid sighed.
"Do you think we'll take that step one day?"
"I don't know, Astrid. I don't know. Come on, it's really late. Otherwise, I'll have to drag you out of bed tomorrow." Astrid immediately punched her boyfriend in the side.

Suddenly, a bang was heard . Then, a painful scream and crying. Hiccup and Astrid immediately ran into the next room. What they found was terrible. Aileen lay on the floor crying and screaming. Her head was bleeding. Astrid ran to her daughter, picked her up, and tried to calm her down by cradling Aileen in her arms and humming a song.
Hiccup had now run downstairs and came back with a wet towel. He gave the cloth to Astrid. She pressed it gently on the small wound, which was bleeding profusely. Aileen stopped screaming. But unfortunately, the tears blocked her nose so she couldn't breathe in properly.
"Shhh..." Astrid tried.
"We'd better take her to Gothi."