𝐂𝐇. 𝟒: 𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐒

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝟭, 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰: 𝗟𝗶𝗽𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗖𝗶𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝘀

6:30 am, and one of the richest CEOs in the city woke up irritated. Mr. Ackerman's phone alarm rang and he groaned under his pillow, shifting his body to reach for his phone to turn off said alarm.

"Mmm, can't you just stay in bed? Maybe take an off day? It's so warm in this bed..." Petra Ackerman groaned, turning and moving her body to lay on her husband's chest. Levi sighed, softly taking his wife's hand off of his chest and he moved to get out of bed, taking his phone with him.

"You know I can't, Pet. There's money to be made," he said, pulling back the covers and walking out of the bedroom. His wife sighed, almost sadly as she sat up and balled her knees to her chest. Her husband was acting differently and she didn't like it. She wondered if it had anything to do with the new secretary, but she didn't want to think that way.

"I need a drink," she thought before laying back down and going back to sleep.

Levi stretched as he entered the bathroom, shutting the door behind him and starting to run the shower water, the bathroom filling with steam. He stood in front of the mirror for a moment, wiping the sleep out of his steel gray eyes.

"Petra and I never used to be like this..." he thought, undressing from his boxers and getting in the shower, letting the hot water run across him and relax his muscles, letting the water drench his hair.

Levi was unhappy, at least in his marriage and he didn't think Petra was happy either. When they first got married, it was nothing but bliss and serenity, but after Levi's business began taking off and he started making more money than he could imagine, things changed.

Petra began to drink in his absence, and whenever he would come home from work, she would either be on the couch or in bed, passed out, or she would be feebly shuffling around the house and yelling at Levi in a drunken rage. To make matters worse, Levi wasn't completely innocent when it came to substances, sniffing blow up his nose with rolled-up dollar bills more than he thought. They argued more and made love less, which might have added to the problem-riddled marriage.

Levi sighed after washing his body and hair, stepping out of the shower, and wrapping a towel around his waist. He began to get himself together when his phone buzzed and he picked it up, seeing a text from Hange.

Hange
Bossman call me ur fuckin savior
I know u know nothing abt that sexy secretary upfront look what I found 😏

Below Hange's text was a link from one of the most prestigious universities in the city, seeing the words Graduating Class of 'XX underneath.

Levi clicked on the link, and it directed him to the college's website and saw a class photo. He looked at all the students in their caps and gowns, and something caught his eye. Smack dab in the center was one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen in his life. She looked so poised, so dignified, like a vintage movie star.

He scrolled down, looking at all the student's names as they corresponded with the rows they were seated in, he saw one that made his eyes slightly widen.

Y/n L/n - Valedictorian; Magna Cum Laude; Dean's List

He clicked the link by your name and it pulled up a headshot of you, a younger you, wearing your robe and a smooth smile plastered on your face. Your hair was long and curled underneath your cap, your makeup was perfect, and you looked flawless, a classy, drop-dead gorgeous college graduate.