16. This is game over. (Walter Park #2)

Walter Park has the odd experience of Vassago Soyo running around doing hit-n-runs on their staff.

"oH devi what on earth—!!"

"[Attention Walter Staff! Attention Walter Staff! Currently there is a rogue demon assaulting staffmembers! It's a student, he's wearing a white jacket, and he has a bell around his neck! Staff members are advised to distance themselves from guests right now! If you can see him, you're next!]"

Just as Jazz registers that parkwide announcement, someone plunges into the tent of their shooting gallery, and the stallkeep barely raises his arm up to defend against that sharpened heel.

Lied's jaw drops. Kalego rises from his chair with an urgency—

—but all Kalego could realize was that Soyo had nailed the man with his braced foot. It was always more painful, heavier, the metal coating a serious blow that broke bones or at least bruised. It knocks his helmet off.

That was a serious kick.

(Soyo may be enthusiastic about strange things, he was in the Student Council full of crazy bastards— but that was a serious kick.)

"What are you doing, Soyoyon?!" Lied exclaims, and Jazz echoes with a shriek, Gaap pulling them all back quickly. "Storekeep! Mister, you okay?!"

"Where the hell did he even come from—" Jazz balks.

"I couldn't even see him!" Gaap hisses, "it's going to collapse!"

"Back up! Back up! Calm down boy!" Camui's descended into trying to negotiate, "SIT BOY??? It's not working you little fucker you're not listening at all are you?!" he's impatient very quickly. "He's turned off his ears!"

"That's not how ears work," Lied says.

Jazz's flustered, "Soyoyon!! Did someone steal your eye collection or something? WHAT? We gotta stop him—!"

"Kalego-sensei!" Gaap calls.

The battle's on. Soyo's foot is grabbed, but instead of pulling away, Soyo lunges forward and wraps his hands, both of them, around the man's skull.

And he brings their faces together. Blood red against deep red.

"You're Atori," Soyo breathes, eye inches from the man's. "Play with me."

The declaration shocks his classmates. Of course it would— this had come out of completely nowhere. Before Soyo could make good on his fury, though—

—Maemaro, the skeleton demon also manning the shooting gallery, interferes. His body shatters into bones, and they come at Soyo from all directions, knocking him off Atori and smashing him against the booth's structures, shattering it and sending them flying across the gravel.

Soyo clambers upright once more— but he doesn't have time before he's knocked across the jaw by a soaring bone piece, and the next one drags him against a wall and pins him up by his throat. Few more jet over to nail his loose clothing against the wall, and all is silent.

Atori sighs.

"Damn, that gave me a fright!" there's a smile he's trying so hard to suppress on his features, a laugh bubbling out of his throat more sincere than he thinks a normal demon should sound. "There there puppy. Did you have your shots, because I'm not looking forward to getting any diseases."

Atori nurses the bleeding scratch on his cheek and grins, a curl of fury in his chest. It's definitely going to leave a scar.

"Soyoyon!" Lied rushes over, "geez, what's gone over you— Kalego-sensei?"