01

Harmony

Life was good and perfect. I'm living the life that I want, getting the things I want without making so much effort. I was basically a princess who doesn't need a prince. I was born with a complete family but not the happy one.

They would often fight, they would scold at each other, they would say hurtful words, regretting the marriage they had and having me as their child.

"Harmony!" I was snap out of my reverie when one of my friends shout my name. I looked at them with my clueless expression because I don't know what's the topic. This past few days, I was always like this. Spacing out at the middle of the conversation or even in class. Our teachers would asked if I was okay or if I wasn't feeling well but I would just smile and say I am okay. Because I'm really fine.

"You okay?" Mila asked, worry was evident in her face.

I smiled at them and say that I was okay. I excused myself to go to the comfort room and fix myself.

"Your not like this Harmony." I reminded myself as I stared at my place face in the mirror. I smiled but it look like a forced one. Dati naman nakakangiti ako nang totoo. Ano bang nangyari? Ano ang nagbago?

I was staring at my face when my phone suddenly rang. It was my mom calling me again. I bet she would say the same line she would always say to me. Reminding me the things that I should do.

"Hello." I said as soon as I answered her call.

"How's your exam?" She asked. Here we go again, asking about the test, the exams.

"Wala pa pong results." I carefully answered.

"Send me asap if there is a result." She said and then ended the call. I want to laugh. How could she?

Harmony. Hindi ko alam kung saan nila nakuha ang pangalan na yan.

For me, Harmony is a music of death.

                           *****

"Class dismissed." Our teacher said kaya naman inayos ko na ang mga gamit ko.

"Hey Harm, I just want to invite you to my party later. Don't worry it's just your group, my group and my cousins." Cloud came to me wearing her sweetest smile. We're not close but we're civil, magka group din kami sa ibang subjects so I think it's fine.

"Yeah. What time?" I asked. Still looking at her, admiring her beauty.

"8pm at my place." She said and I nodded.

"Meet me there." I said as I kissed her cheek.

I continue packing my things and by the time I was done, I was the only person inside our room.

"Great." I said to myself as I smiled. I stayed there for a couple of minutes.

So, ito pala ang pakiramdam ng mag-isa. How peaceful to be alone in the dark. How quite it be to here at this hour. I walked towards the black grabbed a chalk and started to write.

Alone. Peace. Night. Moon. Stars. Guitar. Sunset. Red.

Those were the words that I write repeatedly. I don't want idea what time is it and I have a party to attend to but I'm sure Cloud would understand if I wouldn't made it.

"What are you doing?" Someone asked and when I turned around a saw the guy wearing a uniform, standing at the door looking at me.

"Ahmm, nothing." I said as I struggled to find the eraser but thank fully I found it so I quickly erased the words that I wrote. Sana hindi nya nabasa.

"It's late. Are you waiting for someone?" He asked again and that moment napaisip ako.

May hinihintay nga ba ako?
Ah oo meron. Hinihintay ko kung tatawag ba sila at tatanungin ako kung nasaan ako dahil wala pa ako sa bahay.

"I'm waiting for someone." I just said without looking at his direction. Hindi ko naman sya kilala kaya ayos lang siguro na hindi ko sya tignan. Baka sa kanya, pwede akong makapag labas ng sama nang loob pero ayokong may masabi sya o sila.

"Okay. Nag iikot yung guard kaya siguro akong papauwiin ka na nya." Sabi nya at tumalikod na. Sa pagkatikod nyang yon, natakot ako.

Natakot ako sa hindi ko malamang dahilan. Siguro dahil nakikita kong balang araw, lahat sila ay....

iiwan rin ako.

*°• † •°*