CHAPTER ONE

"Alex, are you sure about this?" Bella asked as Renee and Phil dropped us off at the airport.

"Of course I am, Bella. This will be an adventure for both of us," I assured Bella as we made our way through the nightmare of airport security.

"Okay," Bella mumbled.

We didn't say much else as we were going through security. From the outside, someone might think Bella and I are sisters, but we're not; I have been living with her for as long as I Can remember. My dad did this for my safety. He was always around, though he was there for me when I needed him.  My dad is none other than Tony Stark. I was never mad at My dad because I knew it was to protect me from people who might want to hurt me because of who my dad is.

When we finally made it to Port Angeles, my whole body ached from sitting still in such a cramped space for so long. I wouldn't say I liked plane rides for that very reason. It’s not like I could easily go live with my dad. My dad truly believed that it was the best thing for me to be far away from him and the life that he was living.

“Bella, Alex, good to see you girls,” Charlie called, waving us over to him.

“Hi, Dad,” Bella greeted him awkwardly; they were so much alike that it was almost weird.

“Hi, Uncle Charlie,” I greeted him; he had always been like an Uncle to me growing up. He was always there for me when I needed him. He was like a second father to me.

“I’ve missed you both,” Charlie said awkwardly as we walked to his cruiser. That was the only real downside to his job as the Chief of Police for the small town of Forks, Washington, as the cruiser was the only car he had. That meant that the ride from Port Angeles to Forks would be long as fuck because nothing gums up traffic like a cop. I opted to sit in the back of the cruiser to let Bella have some semi-alone time with her dad. As I sat there and watched the sight before me, I realized that I wasn’t much better with my dad.

“So Alex, I heard about your mom. I’m sorry that happened before you could meet her and get answers,” Charlie said quietly.

“Thanks, Uncle Charlie, but I guess some things are better left unanswered,” I said, smiling slightly.

The car had lapsed into an awkward silence that none of us seemed brave enough to break. I wondered what my dad was doing, and I couldn’t wait for the coming summer. That’s when I would get my chance to stay with him for the first time. I thought about how different things were going to be for that summer.

“We’re here, girls. Bella, can you let Alex out of the back while I pull your guys' bags from the trunk?” Uncle Charlie asked Bella.

Bella just nodded and came around to the back of the car, opening the back door and releasing me from the back of the car. I really wasn’t looking forward to riding to school in the cruiser. That would slow traffic down and be quite embarrassing because no high school student wants to be taken to school by a parent or some form of there. Though if I was being honest, I had no reason to be. I’m embarrassed about it.

" I figure tonight we can eat at the diner; I don't have much here right now," Charlie said as we made our way inside.

“Sounds good," I said, and Bella just nodded. She was always such a quiet soul and didn't really care much for talking and constant socializing. She much preferred her own company as opposed to the company of others.

"Alex, do you think that our first day of school will be okay?" Bella asked.

"Of course it will, Bella. We have each other, and that's all we need. Remember, we are in this together." Bella was driving me slightly up the wall with all her worrying.

A honk of a horn alerted us that someone was there. Bella glanced out the window and became a bit less anxious, or so it seemed. Bella exited her room, and I followed behind her quietly. Despite living with Bella for as long as I did, I never really went to Forks with her until now.

"Bella, you remember Billy Black, right?" Charlie asked her.

"Lookin good," Bella said, smiling at Billy.

I’m still dancing; I’m glad you two are finally here. Charlie here hasn't shut up about it since you two told him you guys were coming," Billy replied, getting distracted from horsing around with Charlie. I smiled, watching the scene in front of me unfold; silently, I wished to myself that I could have the same thing with my father.

"Billy, Jacob, this is my niece, Alex," Charlie said, introducing me to the people whom I had never met before.

I felt slightly uncomfortable, and I knew it was because I missed my family, what little of it there was. I Stalked back inside, thinking about calling my dad; I decided against it, not even sure if my dad had time to talk to me. I also thought about the promise my dad had made me. He promised me once I graduated high school, he would let me meet the rest of the Avengers.  I decided that after dinner, I was going to bed early. I was becoming less sure about attending school at Forks High School. I just had a bad feeling that something was going to go wrong. I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. As I made my way to my and Bella's shared room, my phone rang, interrupting my scattered thoughts. I checked the caller ID, and my dad’s name was on my phone screen. I internally screamed with joy at the fact that my dad was calling me.

“ Hey kiddo, how was the move?” Dad asked.

“ Good. I miss you dad. I can't wait to see you again,” I told him.

“ I miss you too baby,” Dad replied.