The Girl

Arriving at the school of Kamatsu, Cain walked into the dojo, eyeing the many students gathered. He looked at those with great physical strength, muscles to spare and the aura none brave enough to fight the city's underbelly. The sensei welcomed Mr. Yuri and had him sit to watch the practice. He studied each student as they each volunteered. No one could defeat the sensei. The master didn't tell Cain which student it was, probably to ensure they gave it their all, unsuspecting they're about to be scouted.

That's when Wakimori Ryoko stepped up to her master and took the stance. Just as he had done with the other students, he warmed her up with a few techniques. Cain enjoyed watching the girl. She was hardly doing anything, but she moved differently than the others. She was underage like the majority of the students, but Cain wasn't exactly a law abiding citizen, and she was very attractive. Silvery blonde hair and piercing blue eyes, a lithe figure, and obvious strength enough to hold her own. She looked like an angel. And angel Cain really wanted to hook up with. He cleared his throat and crossed his legs, refocusing on the match before him.

Everyone else played out the movements asked of them as if they were thinking about what they were doing. She moved gracefully like water. It looked as if it were a natural reaction. Finally the teacher and student began to spar. Sensei started out the same as the other twelve students and fought it as it came to him. Naturally he had the students down within a few moves, but with Ryoko it was the other way around. She had advanced so much that the teacher was unable to counter her.

After about the third take down, the sensei looked to Cain and smiled. The master dismissed his class and then pulled the talented girl to the side. She noticed the man in the very nice suit and then looked at her sensei puzzled.

"Yes sensei?" Her voice was so innocent sounding.

"Ryoko-san... this is Cain Yuri, he would like to talk with you." The master bowed to Cain and left the girl in front of him. He looked her up and down and she followed his gaze by looking at herself and then at him. He smiled and then took a seat, crossing one leg over the other.

"Ryoko Wakimori,you are an exquisite fighter. I have only seen one person as good as that. And I hear that you are a master of swords..."

"Well yes... what is this about sir?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to get paid for using your talent?"

"What do you mean by using it?"

"Don't worry... I don't mean to kill anybody... you see... there is this man that is very good with a sword, but he works for my rival. What they do is they kill people in order to get what they want... which is for this rising government to grow. And I have different views. I don't think that killing people will help this government... instead I need someone to help me save people. This man continuously kills the people that could help this government get off its feet... so I would employ you to protect them. What do you think?"

"Uh... well... I ... I don't know what to say..."

"Say you'll do it!"

"But... I'd need..."

"Oh yes... I talked to your foster parents during the practice and hearing what they think about you... I thought you would want to get away so I would provide an apartment and your schooling..."

"Is this really ok?"

"If you want to do it, does it really matter?" Ryoko chuckled.

"Guess not. I'll do it." They shook hands and Cain sent one of his men with the teenager to pack her things. She said goodbye to the family that had treated her so poorly and left the small rural neighborhood. She was brought into the city to begin her new life.