Chapter 12- Sophie

Crash.

Sophie felt dazed as she staggered back.

One second she had been running away from that weird boy who disappeared, and now she had just ran into another one.

She looked up.

The boy was tall, with messy blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

She remembered them somehow.

"Are you okay?" The boy asked.

Sophie blinked. She had completely forgotten to be polite! Mommy would not like that.

"Yeah, I'm sorry," Sophie said, shaking her head to clear the haze.

"Are you sure? You look . . .  pretty uhm, wiped out," the boy said, concerned, and bent down to study her.

"Y-yeah, annd I s-shouldn't talk to strangers!" Sophie squeaked and ran back towards her house.

She barely heard the boy call out, "Wait!"

"Sophie, why are you running?" said a gravely old voice from next door.

Sophie turned to face Mr. Forkle.

"N-nothing."

But Mr. Forkle was glaring at someone down the street.

Sophie looked. It was That Boy.

"Did That Boy have anything to do with it?" Mr. Forkle said, pointing.

"No, he was just . . . there. . . and I . . . ran into him" Sophie blushed.

Mr. Forkle nodded but didn't look convinced.

He marched right up to That Boy and shouted, "Go on! Get out of here- shoo!"

That Boy just gaped. "Forkle?" He clapped his hands on his mouth.

Sophie was confused. How did he know Mr. Forkle?

Mr. Forkle looked just as confused.

"How. . .?"

"Listen- Forkle, I'm from the future- a future when me and Sophie and Dex and Biana and Linh and Tam and Marella and Maruca and Stina fight the Neverseen with you! The Black Swan. Sophie's 18 in my world and living in the Lost Cities, just as you planned. But I had to go back in time because something went wrong. Like, really wrong."

Mr. Forkle frowned. "Who's your parents?"

That Boy swallowed. "G-Giesla and Cassius Sencen."

Mr. Forkle gasped. "Keefe? It can't be! You're only supposed to be 7! I- I met you, once. . ."

That Boy, Keefe, nodded, looking down.

"Then, then. . . " Mr. Forkle trailed away, finally looking at Sophie.

Good. Finally they noticed she was right here.

"Sophie, honey, why don't you talk to this nice boy? He wants to be your friend. No, he's not a stranger. I know him."

Sophie nodded, confused and walked back up to That Boy.

He grinned and plopped down on the sidewalk, sitting criss-cross-apple-sauce.

"What are you doing?" Sophie asked shyly.

"I'm sitting down here, why don't you come down too?"

"But its dirty!" she said.

That Boy laughed.

"Well, Mysterious Miss. F, as you would like to know, I am not one who goes by the rules."

Sophie giggled and sat down across from him.

"So, who are you?" she asked.

That Boy smirked. "I'm Keefe."

"Keefe. . . that's a funny name."

"Well I guess it fits cause I am a funny person!"

Sophie shrieked and laughed as Keefe tackled her playfully, ruffling her hair.

Sophie smiled.

"So. . . why are you here?"

Keefe heaved a sigh.

"Well Fos- Sophie, that is a long story."

And Sophie listened through Keefe explaining the Lost Cities, her life in the future, and stopped.

"What?" Sophie asked.

"Why don't I just show you?" Keefe asked quietly.

"What do you mean?"

"Here, watch," Keefe said.

Sophie watched as Keefe pulled a tiny cube out of pocket, closed his eyes, muttered a few words and glanced at her.

"It's one of Dex's inventions- to show. . . memories."

Sophie climbed over and curled in his lap.

She watched as memory after memory swirled the sky, from every time Keefe could remember of them being together.

A/N: Awww, I promised you more Sokeefe. . . and well here it is! Ik its kind of different but I hope you enjoyed it!

Chapter 13 coming soon!

Happy Shadow Thoughts!

-will0w-tree