one. new

CHANGE  |one

CHANGE  |
one. new
@ vficsxx

        CHLOE ALWAYS PLANNED A PARTY for when her mother was on her way back home. Linda, her mother, ran a large business, something centered around women. Linda has always been a big feminist and she taught Chloe to be the same.

Linda was home for ten months of the year, then she left on her yearly business trip for two months. She returned every year on November 1st, ready to be home with her kids for the holidays.

Chloe Wardolf is the oldest kid out of three. She's sixteen years old and was the designated planner. Anytime they went on a trip, had a special event, or any sort of party, she planned it. And she loved doing it.

Her two younger brothers, Liam and Aaron Smith, were always a pain in her ass. She had to send them up to their room and get them to play one of their lame video games just to leave her alone.

Liam and Aaron have the same father, Elijah Smith, and he's married to their mother. Chloe's dad on the other hand was more of just a one night stand, which resulted in a baby, her. The minute her father found out about Linda being pregnant, he flew off across the country. Which was easy, because he was wealthy. That's what made her mother become so feministic, she wanted to let any guy like him know that they could suck it.

Despite her father not being around, Chloe was still surrounded by love from her mother, her brothers, and even her step-dad.

"Come on, move it! Upstairs boys, now!" Chloe said to her brothers who were trying their absolute hardest to annoy her.

"We are grown up! We don't have to listen to you!" Liam said, sticking out his tongue with his hands on his hips.

Elijah's footsteps came up beside Chloe, she sighed from relief. "Liam you're 8 and Aaron's 9. Take your asses upstairs and let Clo plan this party, now."

Chloe sighed, dropping her crossed arms. "Thank you. They get harder and harder to deal with every year."

After about forty five minutes, the party was almost ready. All that was left to do was set out the rose bouquets on each table. Chloe was about to walk out to the car to grab them when Elijah stopped her. "Chloe... I have some terrible news."

~~

Even though she was packing up her things, she still felt like she was frozen. Her mascara ran down her eyes as she sobbed. No girl, no boy, no kid ever should have to hear about her mother passing away in an unfortunate plane crash.

She was packing, prepared to get on a plane herself to fly across the country to her mother's friend's house. Katherine Walter had been friends with Linda Smith since practically birth, and that was who her mother had put in her will for her to go to.