Hopin' This Gets to You. (healer mor/auror seb)

Interning with the healers in America was a nerve-racking experience, to say the least. In a new country all alone. Morgan found herself sticking close to her colleagues when at work, and in her apartment when not in the hospital. Part of her wishes she had taken an internship at Mungo's, but they hadn't any openings for her. They're actually the ones who recommended her to Le Torneau Clinic and Hospital for Magical Bumps, Bruises, and Curses. Nurse Blainey had written her a letter of recommendation for Morgan to pass on to Mungo's and then again to Le Torneau. She loves it. She loves working hands on with her mentor, following her instructions as Morgan works on a patient with what Agatha -- Nurse Crane -- calls, level one injuries.

When she goes home, she's almost always greeted by letters from her friends, along with their owls -- they know they'll get a good few scratches, kisses, and especially treats in with Morgan. Today, she only finds three letters, one from Poppy, one from Anne, and the last one, the one she's been waiting for, the one from Sebastian. With an ocean between them, their relationship has taken a pause, though, truthfully, it's for the best for the two of them to grow into the adults they wish to be, to grow into their fields and be respected.

With the two of them in such rigorous, hands-on training as a healer and auror respectively, their letters are almost always broken up and distanced by a week. Sometimes longer if he gets put on a case with an older auror and it calls for all his attention.

This week, however, is a blessing for them. Sebastian's on desk duty and Morgan's internship is coming to an end soon. Despite that soon being in months and she feels like she hasn't had a day off since she started -- they're endless.

Still. In his letter, he writes that he'll have enough time to take off and see her, if she so pleases.

(She wants him to Floo over to Salem so bad, but she knows she wouldn't get the time she desires to spend with him.)

Beloved,

Do not worry about coming out here to see me, please. I fear I am too consumed with my duties at the hospital that I would not have the appropriate amount of time you deserve to have dedicated to you.

I do miss you terribly.

I wish you could visit and I could do nothing but enjoy the silence in your company, the way the dust and air settles around you would do nothing but bring me joy. I wish I simply exist next to your freckles and the way they stretch around your cheeks when you smile. To breathe next to you late in the night when we are both meant to be asleep would bring me so much joy that it would fool me into that same giddy and excitement I felt when I realized I could wield magic.

How is it in London? Is it still as busy and bustling as I remember it to be? Have you made any new friends at the Ministry yet? Where are you now? I am wondering, have you been stationed anywhere interesting lately? Please let me know!

I do hope I'll see you again, haha!

All the love in my heart,
Morgan.

Feeling a little girlish, Morgan presses a kiss to the empty space by her name and enchants it to pepper him in kisses when Sebastian opens it. She seals it with the blue wax she saves for her letters, stamping it with an eagle she got as a gift from Jenna on her seventeenth birthday. Estella chirps a little and hops closer to her, pecking at her hand as she begs for either treats or kisses.

"Here you go, sweet girl." She coos, kisses her head and holds out a few bird food treats. "And then this, Stella." Morgan holds the letter out for her to clamp onto before the owl flies out the window, making the long trek back over the Atlantic and to where the other half of her heart lives.