Prologue

What is the difference between a god and a child?

The answer must be stupidly obvious. Gods create and destroy whole universes. Gods exist outside our comprehension of life and death. Gods know what lies before the cradle and beyond the grave. How could children be compared to gods? Children depend on adults for care and security. Children are little. Gods are big.

And yet, children are the center of the world. Their precious minds are the envy of mankind's worst enemies. Impressive records will always be surpassed by children who dream larger and reach higher. With time, children can destroy empires and build new ones. Perhaps the difference between gods and children lies not so much in power, but rather time itself. Give a child time to love and whole wars will be avoided. Give a child time to grow and the world will be better for it. Just a second in the life of a child has as much of a chance of changing the course of history as divine intervention.

And although time is nothing to a god, it is everything to a child. This is especially true when it is time to play, for in the world of play, all differences between children and gods disappear. Playtime lets the player control how fast or slow time moves. Playtime allows for exploration of other worlds full of adventure and excitement, and the player may decide not only who shall win and who shall lose, but also who shall live and who shall die. . . .