first; crashing into him tonight (he's a paradox)

They had just finished their lives on social media for their Beta Squad anniversary. They were all cramped on a couch with Sharky and AJ on the floor. It's honestly hard to tear Kenny away from Niko's side when they're all cuddly, lovey-dovey eyes at each other. Chunkz, unfortunately sat besides the lovebirds on the couch and rolled his eyes when the live ended.

"Uh- we're going to sleep now. Bye guys." Niko said, dragging Kenny by the sleeve whose legs were probably already asleep. The man couldn't stop wobbling when he stood up.

"Sleep, yeah? Sure, whatever you say-" Kenny was still tired, and Niko could only hide his blush as he kept striding upstairs without looking back.

"Thank god their room is so far away." AJ muttered and stood up, walking to the stairs as well, "I'm going to bed now. Night."

It was only Chunkz and Sharky now, whenever they have some sort of casual, fun gathering at nighttime and the others had already go to their rooms, Chunkz would be the last one to go. Chunkz would stay for a while and be the one cleaning up, the man never complained though. He knew that if they knew he stayed late to clean up and it's not just him being late and lazy, they would help him in a heartbeat. But Chunkz with his never-ending sense of insecurity and over-responsibility, being raised in a packed family. He had developed the need to do something useful, to be useful. Help out in any way possible and he can't do anything about it, he's just raised that way.

He wanted to be useful for everything, especially friends, because Chunkz is so grateful for the friends he has right now. Because once upon a time, Chunkz feared he might die a lonely man.

He grew up being a lonely child, he was bullied and all of the 'friends' he made wasn't actually friends. They liked taking advantage him, liked making fun of him and making him the source of entertainment. He's a 'joke', basically. They all stuck around with him because he was the only one who could memorise the timetables until 12 when no one did, his mother packed him lunch and it tasted so good that everyone else said so. Chunkz never knew what it tasted like at school. So he's eternally and forever grateful for the kindness and love he had received from his friends now, he knew they're all genuine. Not that he deserved any, Chunkz knew that much.

He sat down, watching the credit scene of the movie they played but never actually turned off for the live. It was just playing in the background. Him and Sharky were in comfortable silence, and Chunkz usually wanted to keep everything he did a secret, well- not that it's a big deal at all but he liked doing things and helping out when no one's watching. It's like his own personal sense of freedom, to do something without being asked to. He liked it. Always did. Even as a child he liked sweeping the floors when everyone was away from the house, but when he's asked by his older siblings he would immediately resist and stop.

But it's late at night and his eyes were barely open so he just stood up, Sharky still eating crisps besides him but his eyes were at Chunkz. Like he was some sort of problem to be solved, or perhaps the solution to his problems.

Chunkz wouldn't know, Sharky never told.

Chunkz picked up a small plastic bag to throw in the cups and trash. Sharky stood up and started helping.

They weren't talking, there were no words spoken. Only the whistles of the cold night wind, and Adele singing some song for the credits scene of the movie. Chunkz was used to cleaning up alone, he loved it, and seeing Sharky helping him out feels odd. So he only stayed still and stared at the man. It wasn't awkward, they were all too tired to feel any awkwardness.

Sharky who was wiping the tables then looked at Chunkz with a smile. The lights weren't lit, and the only one they saw was the small dimming light from the bottom of the refrigerator, the night was lighter too. Probably because it was closer to dawn, the room was dark but the sky was in a shade of blue and purple. Somehow, and always, the light complimented Sharky's eyes, like an angel, Chunkz thought.