6 - Hallucinating

Samara's Pov

We got the key for the statue and made our way towards the Counselor's office. I opened a couple of doors and walked down halls and there was a door filled with red smoke. I tried to open it, but it was locked. Same with another door.

"Why can't we have the power to grab a crowbar and smash the door open." I looked over at Cheif and his weapons. Cheif backed up a bit. "Samara, these weapons are used by SARS Soilders only." He explained. I groaned in annoyance. "You ALWAYS have to be so stubborn!" I yelled.

"Angel, calm down. If we keep looking we might achieve our goal." DogDay said putting a hand on my shoulder.

I wiped it off and looked away. "Whatever." I started to walk away.

DogDay did a slight stare at Cheif. "Is Angel always like that?" DogDay asked.

Cheif slightly nodded. "From what I know about her so far..yep."

I only eyerolled and looked around to find a battery outlet. I look up a little to see the battery in the vent.

I sighed heavily. "Dammit why do I have to be short?" I muttered under my breath in annoyance. I walk up towards the vent and try to reach myself up the vent to grab the battery.

"Here, Angel, let me help." DogDay confronted grabbing the battery and handing it to me.

"Oh, um, thanks?" I said grabbing the battery.

"It's the..least I could do, Angel." DogDay said, pausing mid sentence.

He's probably thinking about the rest of the Smiling Critters. I can't blame him for zoning out from that. He did live in guilt for God knows how long.

I put the battery in as the door without the Red Smoke in the room opened, we all walk in it to see another battery outlet.

"Chief, maybe do something useful and grab a battery." I said looking at Cheif.

Cheif looked at me with a slight glare as he pulled out the dagger with blood on it. "Um, I did something useful. I stabbed CatNap on the chest."

I walked closer to him. "Oh right, well I'm sorry I was kind of talking to Kissy. Now, don't be a stubborn idiot and find the battery and put it in the outlet. Surely I'll be an easier mission for you, Soilder."

Cheif only walked past me, grabbed the battery, and put it into the outlet. "There. You happy?" Cheif asked me.

I let out a small smile. "Yes. I am. It's surprising that I'm not the only one lifting a finger around here. Besides, I had to work my sorry little ass off to find you, but it was well worth it to save DogDay." 

"I should really thank you for saving me, Angel. Thanks to you to Soilder for telling on how you two got here in the first place." DogDay said towards us.

"The least I could do." Cheif said confidently.

"It was that or letting little demons crawl up on your insides as you try to kill us, but um.."

I trailed off thinking if I should really pull up this type of conversation. "Do you think that any of the other Smiling Critters are alive besides CatNap?" I asked him.

DogDay looked at me with his hallow white pupils, still keeping that wide smile.

He probably can't share any expression on his face considering that there forced to smile.

DogDay slightly looked to the side. "Not that I know of..that..THING killed them all..Besides, that was a long time ago, so some of them might've survived and I just.. don't remember, but let's not- Angel, Soilder GET DOWN!" DogDay suddenly grabbed our arms and brought us down as DogDay crouched down to.