Chapter 8

Some daggers were made to walk right into.

I met them in the garage at the bottom of penthouse

I met them in the garage at the bottom of penthouse. It was a twenty-seven footed compartment with an ample space punctuated by exotic metals reflecting different rows of strip lights illuminating from the thin openings in the suspended ceiling. Each car, exhibited the world's finest of luxuries and victorious rides through out man's history of car invention.

It was like walking into one of those Batman's garages from the movies.

Two pairs of eyes poked at me from the elevator entrance to the middle of the garage space. Hassan was lying underneath a black Aston Martin while Omar was stood beside the opened bonnet.

"You're ready!" Omar's voice ran through the wide space with excitement.
"I have to admit, this place is sick!" I returned his fervour as the clacking of my heels echoed with my enthusiastic shriek.

Hassan rolled into view on a car creeper. With his gaze fixed on my approaching movement, he began to stroll towards me.

Feeling my breathing hitch once, twice and then again and again. I decided I would stand my ground and not let him know that I was not affected by the conversation in the kitchen.

"Hi" he mumbled. His expression recovering the warmth and hues of emotions that had been void.
"Hi" I whispered back.
He wrapped an arm around me, filling the space between us, he drew me to him.

"How's your neck?" He murmured behind my ear.
"Soothed and concealed" I responded, indicating towards the collar of the shirt I was putting on with a navy blue cardigan over it.

"Is she ready?" Omar hollowed climbing behind the wheel.
"See for yourself" Hassan responded not giving an inch away from me as we both watch Omar stir the engine to life. Releasing its beastly roar that devoured through the air.

I loved it. I loved how he held me to himself, showing me that I'm all his to keep. I didn't want to spare an inch away from him either. I wanted us in the this proximity until he smeared his heavenly scent on me.

"She's ready!" Omar shrieked reappearing at the car entrance.

"Give him until the end of today and his love for barricades and walls will ruin that beauty" Hassan murmured into my ear.

It was a tricky dare to hop on with him establishing the fact that I didn't know how Omar drove, contrasted the spasmodic love Omar flaunted for the car.

"You riding with me right?" Omar called out.

I turned to Hassan and caught his eyes pelting on me. Peeling his arms away from me, I whispered;
"Gotta go. Partner duty calls"

On the third clack of my heels, I was completely free from his grip and heading towards Omar when I sighted a copper tinted old glory in a corner of the garage.
"Is that a 1950's Chevy?" I inquired curiously.