Part 4: More Massacre, Blood, And Tears

Part 4 of this story begins with Carley and Greg standing outside a hospital room. Carley is visibly shaken, her arm and stomach bandaged from her encounter with Smiley. Greg stands by her side, offering his unwavering support as they face the aftermath of the harrowing events.                     

Inside the hospital room, Carley is placed in the same space as Officer Ramirez, who lies unconscious, recovering from his stab wound. Nurses and doctors rush into action, tending to both Carley and Officer Ramirez, their professional demeanor masking their concern.

Nurse 1: "Alright, let's assess their wounds and make sure they're stable. Carley, can you hear me? How are you feeling?"

Carley, her voice laced with pain but determination, responds.

Carley: "I'm here. It hurts, but I think I'll be okay. Just worried about Officer Ramirez."

The medical team moves swiftly, carefully examining Carley's slash wounds on her arm and stomach, ensuring they are cleaned and dressed properly. Simultaneously, another group of medical professionals assess Officer Ramirez's condition, their focus on his stab wound to the stomach.

Doctor: "We'll need to monitor Officer Ramirez closely. The stab wound appears deep, but he's stable for now. Let's get him prepped for surgery."

As the medical team works diligently, they continue to communicate with Carley and Officer Ramirez, ensuring their comfort and well-being.

Nurse 2: "Carley, we're going to take good care of you. You're in good hands here. Officer Ramirez is receiving the best care too. Is there anything else you need or any other concerns?"

Carley, her gaze shifting between the medical professionals and Greg, musters a small smile.

Carley: "Thank you. Just knowing Officer Ramirez is being taken care of gives me some relief. And Greg... he's been with me through all of this. He's my rock."

Greg, standing nearby, offers a reassuring nod, his voice filled with love and support.

Greg: "Carley, I'll be right here by your side. We'll get through this together. You're strong, and we have an incredible medical team looking after us. We'll be okay."

As the medical professionals continue their diligent care, Carley finds solace in Greg's presence. The room is filled with a mixture of worry, hope, and determination as they navigate the road to recovery, supported by the dedicated medical team that surrounds them.\

Officer Ramirez's surgery begins, and Greg begins asking Carley what happened before he arrived at her house.

Greg: "Carls, what happened before I came over to your house? You can talk to me. I'm here for you, babe."

Carley: "Greg.. It's a long story. But after our training, when you left, Smiley texted me.. He told me he'd come over at 12:00 PM to test my durability and willpower to survive. When 12:00 PM arrived, he somehow managed to kill all of the officers, or sneak past them in order to get to me. We fought... He nearly killed me, but reinforcement officers arrived before he could do anything..."

Greg listens intently as Carley recounts the events that unfolded before his arrival at her house. His face contorts with a mix of concern and anger as he processes the gravity of the situation.

Greg: "Carley... I can't believe Smiley would do something so twisted. How did he manage to get past the police officers?

Carley's voice trembles slightly as she recalls the harrowing encounter.

Carley: "I don't know how he did it, Greg. It was like he had some sort of unnatural ability to elude the police. It's really weird."

Greg's fists clench tightly, his eyes filled with a mixture of anger and protectiveness.