- 1

——————————————————

"You're so cool, big bro! Hey, pinky promise to always stick together?"

"Hehe, pinky promise."

I don't think those days will ever be a reality.

You thought to yourself as you are soaking your legs into the cold river, playing with the water as you gently wiggle around your legs in the water. The expression on your face seemed so gloomy and unexpressive, unlike the old you.

You look at your reflection in the water, a hydro vision was hanging by your hair accessory.

It appeared after a few days your brother run away from home a long time ago. You were devastated at that time to make things right but you never came to speak, only quietly wished to the heavens. Then suddenly, it came. A blue light was presented infront of you and slowly landed into your hand, it was a hydro vision.

You never came to understand why did it came before you, when it didn't help you in solving your real issues but guide you in critical times. What was the main reason for this vision? Do you even deserve to wield it? Why didn't this vision came when your family was arguing?

Before you could think deeper, you suddenly hear a familiar voice calling out your name from afar.

"..[Name]!"

It sounded faint but it was your father's voice in the distance. You quickly got up while putting your shoes back on and hurriedly went to the source of your father's voice, it was near your home.

"Yes, Dad?-" You hurriedly arrived, just to cut off your own words and immediately froze when you saw a familiar figure near your father.

It was your brother, who had ran away long ago.

Gaming's eyes also widened, he was surprised to see you as you were surprised to see him.

But mostly, he noticed there was no shine of excitement in your eyes.

"..Sis." Gaming softly spoke.

You slowly calmed down upon seeing him well and healthy. Still, you didn't say anything to him when he spoke to you, or rather you didn't know how to even talk to him. It felt as if you were bitten by a venomous snake on your stomach. And so, you slowly look away from him, you couldn't understand the current feelings that was circling around in your heart.

Usually, you would be away from the village if it's not your dad calling out for you to help him with his trading and meet some of his business partners or it would be your noisy relatives come to ask you opinions on items to shop. Speaking of business, it was something you never really like nor hate, it was one of the things you never took interest in but you kept quiet and didn't complain. You yourself never had exact dreams to begin with.

It was the first time in years that you got to see your brother again, looking healthy and well.

You look over to his right, to see two new figures. One was a floating mascot and the other one was a blonde- wait, you recognized them somewhere- oh.

"..Oh, aren't you guys-" You tried to replay of your previous meeting but was cut off quickly by Paimon.

"OOH! You're his sister? It is so nice to meet you! My name is Paimon, and this is [The traveler]." Paimon cut you off in a panic, seemingly tries not to blow something up. You saw that [The traveler] facepalm themselve at this situation. Paimon starts to give you eye signals, you were confused for a moment before realising something.

You immediately remembered about 'the plan'.
To be completely honest, it was rather a rush and sudden plan that was announced to you, and you didn't really take note of it.

You were quietly watching the view of a river from afar, this was just your daily routine. Empty and no motivation, just quietly wasting your time admiring the nature.

It felt peaceful that no one was nagging you to do things, especially your dad. But he is still your dad despite the harsh times, he just wanted the best for you and your runaway brother. You knew that.

You snapped out of your thoughts and was ready to leave. Just as you are about walk away, you felt a pat on your shoulder. You turned around to meet with a floating mascot and a blonde person, they looked oddly alert their to surroundings, especially the flying mascot. It was as if afraid they were of getting caught with someone.

They introduced themselves as Gaming's friends and went ahead with how they're planning to help him and you are there to help him when necessary and all that stuff. Honestly? You didn't listen to a word they said. You assumed that they are just some people who wanted to ask for help, and probably got the wrong person.

Just before they both wanted to continue with further details, a voice yelled out your name. It was one of your relatives calling out for you again.

You glance over at the direction of the voice for a moment before turning your head back to the strangers.

Before you know it, the strangers who approached you were already gone, leaving you in wonder and confusion.

The flashback ends and everything comes back to your mind. You panicked a bit but it wasn't really visible on your face.

You almost spoiled it all!

"Oh! Haha, nice to meet you too.."

You replied awkwardly, trying to act smooth and normal.

"Also, [Name]. A client has asked to meet me personally. You should come, this is a chance for you to learn more about business." Your father suddenly spoke out to you.

Your shoulder slumped down disappointedly, it wasn't clear but still noticeable, that is noticed by Gaming.

You weren't like Gaming, an energetic and friendly guy. You were rather a quiet and soft-spoken kid, total opposite from him but you really did admire him .

By all means, you never had the courage to speak your mind. And so, you kept quiet and tolerate the unwanted burdens on your shoulders, also the guilt too.

Back to the present, you simply nodded, just going on with his plan. Your father nodded in satisfaction, he looks back at Paimon.

"I suppose I will have to trouble you all to escort both of us then. Let's go."

——————————————————