Fighting Spirit

I forgot how fast this bitch runs, I thought while watching her go toward the treeline. I wonder if she remembers the deal.

Fuck, I hope not.

Last year I saw her on a camping trip with her friends, who were assholes anyway so I technically did her a favor by killing them, and decided she was going to be mine.

Well, her ass was going to be mine. I don't really care all that much about her.

The sound of the snap of a camera, a thump with the crunch of leaves and twigs, and cursing pulled me out of my train of thought, and I looked over at the sources and scoffed.

"T–ell me again how yo–u two dumbasses became prox–oxies?" Glaring at the masked idiots, the one in orange stands up and wipes off the leaves on his pants.

"We were here before you, Twitchy." He snarls and looks down at the one in yellow who was still on the ground and looking through his camera.

"So what's her name? I mean, since you've dragged us here to help you play Hide and Seek, I think we should know what to call her." He looks up at the two of us, his black mask slipping off his face just a bit. I shake my head and start walking in the direction she started in.

"Yo–u don't need to k–know it, and I didn't wan–nt you two here." I groan, watching a bird and a fox wrestle in the distance.

"The Op–op–erator's just an untrusti–ing bitch," Mumbling, I kick a rock in front of my boot and look back at the two. "Brian, how long has it been?"

"Two minutes and thirteen seconds." He looks at his watch and wipes his yellow sleeves of the twigs he fell on and looks through his camera, no doubt looking back at the video he took of the girl he stalked yesterday.

I roll my eyes and my neck jerks to the right, my knuckles unwillingly cracking inside of my pocket. I reach my hand up to my left cheek and scratch at the scar, a bad habit that always ends in a bloody, bigger hole than the last.

I think I'll just try to find her now, it's not like she's counting the seconds. My hand grasps the hatchet hanging on my waist and I start the walk to the other one a couple yards away, silently praying to any god that she still has that fighting spirit in her that I love breaking so much.