25. The secret

Again, A few things

1. Many people contacted me in my DMs, asking why I forgave Haya.

Well, you see, I made a huge mistake, and honestly, it took me five years to come clean to my parents. They were hurt for sure, and Dad did not talk to me for two whole days; it hurt like hell because usually, we both don't survive an hour away from each other.

The reason I'm saying this. Everyone deserves a second chance, that being said, if they are truly guilty and apologizing. My Haya has been doing that. The idea is foreign to many, but I would like to use this platform to say something.

If you have unintentionally hurt someone, please apologize before it's too late. Hum apne actions justify tou nahi kar sakhte but mafi tou mang sakthe hain. Aur we can try not to do those again in future. We are not saints, nor do we aspire to be one. We are humans capable of making mistakes and sins; it is the force more significant than all of us who are willing to forgive and forget.

2. Many people did not want a short separate story for Haya. Thank you because I do not have time to write another book. I love you all for that. So, I had to incorporate her few scenes here.

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

For all the love you have given to Kaabil.

Meerab

I guided Haya to Murtasim's office, where Ahmed Bhai will join us. She trembled and sank in her seat. She glanced around, "Meerab, I'm sorry."

I raised my brows, "What's wrong?"

She frantically shook her head. "This office. Last time, I said so many inappropriate things. I'm sorry."

My knees met the cold marble in front of Haya. I gave her hand a full squeeze. "Haya, let the bygones be bygones. This is the start of something new for you and me. From now on, focus on your future with Ahmed Bhai and your career. That is what matters. You. Haya, Murtasim, and I have both forgiven you. Nor do we hold grudges. I wish for you to see the light only. The dark where we both once were, let's move on from there."

I extended my hand for a shake. She twisted her brows and shook it.

"If our mothers can be besties, what stops us?"

Haya's sharp intake and tears flowing from her eyes clenched my heart. She nodded and sobbed. "Meerab, don't be a selfless person for me. I don't deserve it."

"Yes, you do. You deserve everything in this world. This time, I will make sure you do."

She hugged me tightly. However, a knock forced us to pull back. Murtasim's smiled and entered, landing a kiss on my temple. He announced Bhai was outside, waiting. I silently nudged his shoulders. He met my eyes and nodded.

The next moment, Murtasim was sitting beside Haya, with a lot of space between them.

She slowly composed herself. "Murtasim."

He glanced at me, then at her. "Haya, Meerab investigated the truth about letters." Haya visibly froze. Her fingers gripped her dupatta. Murtasim continued again.

"The man who impersonated me is standing behind the door, longing to meet you."

Murtasim

A few days ago.

I was working in my office when Bakhu dropped a file of every email Haya ever received from my "presumably" ID. I could not familiarize myself with the words written in those emails. None lighting the bulb over my head.