BLACKOUT

"What, what do you mean?" Jennie muttered through tears. "I thought I was a good kid." Her parents laughed. "Stop laughing at me! Stop being such shit parents and listen to me!" Everything went quiet. Both of her parents went silent and looked her in the eyes. "How dare you speak to your parents that way. We do everything for you, your the reason we drink, the reason we smoke!"Lily shouted. "If it wasn't for you, we'd have a perfect life. Why do you fucking think your an only child!"she shouted again, now sounding like she was screaming it. "Now, get to your room and go to fucking sleep!" "No, why should I?" Jennie said angrily, watching as her mother turned her head. It was the first time she had ever disobeyed her parents. Her father spoke this time. "First, you call us shit parents, now your disobeying us? It's like we have satan as a daughter!" Lily nodded her head on agreement as he spoke. Kieran got closer to her. "Don't try and disobey us, Jennie." He pushed her as he spoke.

The argument continued on and on. "You guys are the worst parents ever! Making me think you were perfect, when in reality your just a bunch of filthy addicts!"and as the words came out of Jennie's mouth, her mother walked over and slapped her across the face. "You dare speak to your parents that way!"Lily screamed. "Your a vile child, a disgrace to us both!" Kieran lit another cigarette and put it to his mouth, watching his wife as she spoke. "Yeah, you cry. Like a big fat baby!" Jennie stormed of upstairs as Lily poured another large glass of vodka, and chucked a can of beer at Kieran.

After an hour, the pair were drunkenly slumped on the floor against a countertop. "Wake up. Wake up you assholes." Lily could vaguely hear, on the verge of passing out. "I said wake the fuck up your fucking assholes!" And that was the last thing she remembered, of that fateful night. 6 years ago.

The last night, with their Jennie.