𝕷oveless.

I urge you: bite me. Sign my death with your teeth.

🖇️

🖇️

"Isn't it funny how there's so many of us, yet we're still overpowered." Isabel Sommers voice always sounds like silk. She's beauty and grace. She might punch you in the face.

Olivia Sommers looks up from the chipped nail polish on her nails and drags her fingertips against her shorts. Nail polish flakes scatter down onto the floor of Isabel's car. She stares at her older sister through the rear view mirror, their eyes meet. "What are you talking about?" She mumbles.

Isabel's eyes skate over to the other girl in the passenger seat. Theodora Sommers is staring out the window, her hands a ball in her lap. Her jaw is clenched. "She's talking about us being bastards, Liv."

Olivia winces and Isabel rolls her eyes. "That was not what I meant. There's only two of them.. and there's four of us. There's so many of us, he should be paying attention. No?"

Olivia and Theodora both look over at Isabel. It's quiet for a moment. You could hear a pin drop. Or the sound of sister's hearts shattering. Same thing. "Can we just go home," Olivia mumbles as she slouches back into her seat. Her eyes flicker down to her ruined nails again.

The car smells like cigarettes. Isabel drives home with the windows down.

There is loss in every single life. But there is no loss quite like the death of your mother.

It wasn't Becca Verona's plan to leave her four kids in the hands of the man who shattered her heart, but you don't necessarily plan your death to the T. All Becca knew was one evening she wasn't drunk enough and the next she knew, she was drowning in the marsh behind her heartbreakers house.