1

Amore

Amore

"Alexa play Heard About Us by The Carters through the whole house." I said soon the beat flowed throughout the speakers in the house simultaneously. I nodded to the beat before exiting my room to make sure my spoiled ass sister was up.

"Yoo. Ru. You betta be up. You gotta go to school. You ain't suspended no more." I banged on her door repeatedly until i heard a response.

"I'm up!" She yelled causing me to chuckle as i made my way back to my room. I glanced at my clock that read 6am. This has been the routine since i got custody of my sister 8 years ago. I walked into my walk in closet and grabbed a all black Nike tech off the hanger. I went to my dresser and grabbed an all black polo tee. I decided to pair the outfit with some Jordan 1 Volt Golds just to give it a pop of color. I placed my gold chain on and grabbed my grillz putting them in their case and placing them into my pocket. Lastly i walked over to my Cologne and sprayed some Dior Sauvage.

I walked out of my closet and to my dresser to grab my wallet. I walked into my bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face before heading downstairs to get started on breakfast.

I decided on a simple breakfast of sausage, eggs, and fruit. I didn't have time to cook the whole nine yards.  "What you cooking?" I heard Ru ask. "The usual." I said looking up at her and examining her outfit which consisted of a crop top and some biker shorts that were too short for school. "Go change." I simply said.

"What. Why?" She asked looking down at her outfit. "You know yo school not finna let you wear that and i agree." I said turning the eye on the stove down as i cooked the eggs. "Thats why i have the hoodie." She said holding up the off white jacket. "Nijah." I said sternly to let her know I wasn't playing. "Fine." She mumbled out while rolling her eyes and stomping up the stairs and slamming her room door.

"Teenagers." I mumbled as I continued cooking the breakfast. Once i was finished, I set her plate out as i dug into mine. "Is this better?" She asked coming to kitchen. I looked up examining her outfit. She had on some camo cargos with a tan graphic shirt and paired it with some Yeezy tan foam runners. "Yea. Its 100% better this is your style anyway." I said honestly. I don't know what possessed that first outfit maybe she was tired. "You got." I said checking my watch. "10 minutes to gobble up that food." I said washing my dish and putting it in the drying rack.

"Gobble? I ain't no turkey." She said while sitting down. I waved her off. "You betta turkey yo ass in that car by 7am. I'll be waiting." I said heading out the door.

I walked to my 2019 Mercedes C-Class. As far as luxury, it was bottom tier. I could get a Maybach if i wanted too. I had the funds for it but i want to live a somewhat modest life and I didn't want to raise Rumani to be bougie and thinking she was better than anyone so i didn't flaunt. As far as she knows i have a good legal job making 6 figures but that wasn't even close. My job was no where near good and definitely not legal but it was easy and fast money. When i was 23 i was touching 6 figures now at 26 almost 27. I was touching 7 yearly. Shit monthly. I was living under my means and i like it that way.