- The Library -

The day goes by too slowly. It doesn't help the fact that Xavier is sick, so he's not at school. Plus I didn't get back to my house until 3 am. At lunch, Felix and his friends are talking about the show, what parts they and the others got, the drama snobs, etc. I don't really feel welcome. "Hey, Fey, I'm gonna go to the library, I have to catch up on some reading for English." "Oh, okay. Wait, did you eat anything yet?" Lie. "Nah, it's fine, I'm just going to get a soda." I leave before he says anything else. I think Lincoln overheard our short conversation, so it's a good thing I'm a fast walker. There's a vending machine with a few different drinks in it near the cafeteria doors. It doesn't really have any soda, except for diet coke. Guess I'm lucky. I head up to the library, it's not like I'm actually going to catch up on reading. I walk in and see Robbie. He appears to be reading, although maybe he's just staring at the book. I doubt he can read upside-down. "Yo, Robbie, you good?" He jumps. "What? Oh, hey Ro," Only my friends call me Ro. "I was just um," "What, reading? I doubt that." He laughs, and I smile. "Yea, the cafeteria was just really loud, plus I don't really have anyone to sit with, you know?" He's definitely high right now. "Yea, I get that." I think for a moment. "Would you want to sit with me up here tomorrow?" He smiles, the same placid smile he flashed last night, at the store. "Why not?" We sit at one of the tables by the windows. Our table.

When I got home, I put my stuff away and make dinner. I leave a note for my mother on the table.

"Dinner is made & in the fridge, you just have to heat it up. Up in my room studying, won't be out anytime soon"

If there's anything in this world that makes my mother happy, other than rich old guys, it's her daughter studying for straight A's. I lock my door, put my earbuds in, and put my homework on my desk. You can never be too cautious. I open my window and lay down, staring at my ceiling. Morning cannot come soon enough. Within the hour, my mother knocks on my door and slides a note under it.

"Leaving early tomorrow morning, won't see you until I get home. Good on you, being responsible and doing what you're supposed to!"

She can't even be sincere without being snarky, even in writing. I open the pack of cigarettes Robbie gifted me, and light one.