- Detention -

The next day I got detention because I didn't do my English homework. Thank god my mother wasn't home early. I call Addison.

Addison: Wait, so why did you get a detention?

Me: I didn't do my English homework

Addison: Dude why! You have to do your homework

Me: I didn't feel like doing it?

Should I tell her about Robbie? I start walking around the house.

Addison: Ro, I know you have the ability to do your homework, so please do it, especially since it's English.

Me: Yea but-

She cuts me off, I don't mind though. I'm downstairs now, casually tidying the house.

Addison: But what? Honors English looks good on college applications

She teases.

Me:

Addison: You still there Ro?

Me: Yea, sorry I just got dizzy for a second

Addison: Oh, are you okay? Have you eaten or drunk anything?

Shit. Lie, you've done it before. That doesn't mean it's right.

Me: Yea, it's fine but I'm gonna go, okay? My mom will be home soon.

I hang up before she answers and start to get really lightheaded. Goal. Now get your reward. I'm sitting on the porch now, but my water is inside on the counter. I tried to get up but my legs gave out, and I fell.

When I came to I saw Robbie sitting across from me, still on the porch, with a diet coke in his hands. There's one next to me too. "You okay?" He looks really concerned. "How long have I been out?" I sit up, accidentally hitting a newly formed bruise on my arm. "Only about 5 minutes, I think. I saw you fall and ran over." "Oh..." "I got you a diet coke. I know you like them." God, his smile is literally irresistible. I grin, "Thanks." My phone buzzes, it's Caleb and Lincoln. I sigh, though I didn't think it was audible enough for him to hear. "What's wrong?" "Nothing, just some guys who won't stop texting me." "Give me your phone for a second," I unlock my phone and hand it to him. Robbie shifted closer to me to grab my phone. "What are you doing?" I scoot myself next to him to see what he's typing.

Me: why do you keep texting me?

Caleb: why not? that was kinda out of the blue lol

Lincoln: we just want to know how you're doing

Me: i don't want to talk to either of you

Lincoln: why not?

Caleb: ??

Me: delete my number, please and thanks
Me: and don't think of trying to talk to me at school either

"Oh damn, thanks Robbie," I say, slightly stunned. "Yea, no problemo," he chuckles. I go to move back to my original spot on the porch, but Robbie grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him. He hesitates, thinking for a moment, then pulls out something from his pocket. "You have a lighter?"