ITZY was an accomplished group. Their recent comeback was charting well, and award show wins were rolling in like the tide.

Coming and going. 

It seemed damn hard for the group to produce consistent hits, even with their newest title track "LUCKY ME" being one such hit with Midzys and casual fans.

Because of ITZY's on-and-off relationship with success, they were often targeted by fandoms of groups deemed "more popular" whenever ITZY did manage to pull off a successful comeback.

Bandwagon hate had never been JYP's favorite thing.

ITZY seemed to attract it in abundance. 

That sort of deal usually meant only one thing— a strained relationship with the big head honcho himself.

However, with the success of "LUCKY ME", Itzy didn't think much when they were called into JYP's office.

First mistake.

━━━━━━ʕ•㉨•ʔ━━━━━━━

Tell me something I don't know yet

To bandage this bleeding heart

Your words are like a gift I don't get

Please learn and be smart 

I just want your heart

But you don't get it, huh?

How deep your words went

'Cause you can't relate, duh!

Oh, lucky you, not sharing my lament 

Oh, lucky me? 

Lucky me lucky me lucky me lucky me

Wait so I'm the one dealing with this pain?

So hard to remain

On the top

Why can't I stop?

Oh, lucky me

Lucky me lucky me lucky me lucky me

━━━━━━ʕ•㉨•ʔ━━━━━━━

after the stage...

"Yeji-unnie, I think I winked more than I smiled." Yuna bit her knuckle, avoiding the glare from her nail artist. She had chewed out the maknae for biting her meticulously designed acrylics and the animosity from the disgruntled technician had been palpable ever since. 

Yeji pulled her hand away from Yuna's gnawing teeth, frowning when she saw reddened marks. 

In a small voice, Yuna whispered, "...will they call me a pick-me again?" 

Yeji sighed, ITZY's maknae had been facing a nonstop hate train for two weeks now, probably because "LUCKY ME" surpassed Aespa's single "Naevis" and ENHYPHEN's mini album "FRACTURE: Day 1", both highly anticipated releases.

"Probably," Yeji said bluntly, "it's never a successful comeback without some controversy. But I heard Lisa-sunbaenim say your lyricism got better. Try focusing on that."

Yuna perked up. "When did you see Blackpink-sunbae? I'm their biggest fan, it's not right you guys got to meet them before me!"

Yeji smirked. "Blackpink's manager confused the times, and we ran into them during rehearsals."

"Nooooo~" Yuna whined, pouting.

"Bet you're regretting being a no show right now." Ryujin grinned, walking over from the couch and trying to comb her hands through Yuna's hair. 

The hair stylists really went to town with the hair spray. Ryujin's nose wrinkled as her fingertips carded through stringy, hard chunks of hair. 

"Yuna, does your scalp hurt?" Ryujin frowned, and the younger's face twisted.

"Was it that obvious? What if it was obvious when I was performing? The fans are gonna call me ungrateful to my hair stylists. How do I fix this?" Yuna couldn't breathe, her eyes getting farther and farther away as her breath became labored.

"Shhhh" Yeji, Lia, Ryujin, and Chaeryeong all wrapped Yuna in a hug. "They won't notice anything but the energy you gave for that performance."

Yuna's breath dissolved into gasps, tears starting to form.

Chaeryeong, who was by far the most experienced member when it came to dealing with panic attacks, cradled Yuna's face with both of her hands. But since she had been dieting hard for this comeback, her palms felt ice cold. 

Yuna's eyes watered even more.

Under Chaeryeong's orders, she started describing what was around her. 

Four tall white walls and grey carpet, a blue couch, a rack of backup outfits and a desk piled with wires from where ITZY had chucked their mic packs and earpieces.

Next, she described what she smelled. 

The lingering smell of pizza she'd picked up that evening (making her absent for rehearsal), and apparently the reason she missed her chance to meet Blackpink. 

So on and so forth.

Chaeryeong breathed a sigh of relief when Yuna's eyes cleared, mentally thanking her sister for unintentionally preparing her for these types of situations. 

Though she couldn't fathom why Chaeyeon had such episodes.

It was then their manager came knocking on the door, peeping in. 

"JYP-sajangnim wants to meet you guys." She said simply. They all gave their manager affirmative nods.