Void (Pick/Rome) - Colour of Soulmark

Author's note: Part 10/??

The ball was now on Pick's side of the court. Rome was tired of constantly chasing after someone he knew he could never have. Although he yearned for Pick to fill the void within him, he was also scared of letting him in. Leaving the older male behind, Rome joined Emma and Porsche, pretending nothing happened. Pick appeared later but didn't dare to come closer. It hurt, but Rome understood his soulmate needed time to think. 

"Rome, wait." Din hurried to his side. Rome smiled at the latter, glancing at Pick out of a habit, to check his reaction. Of course, his soulmate didn't look happy with Din's presence, but he held himself back this time. Rome was pleased yet a bit disappointed. Maybe he hoped for another jealous outburst from Pick. It was ridiculous how unstable his emotions were. 

"It looks lovely here, right?" Din spoke up and Rome nodded.

"Did you bring your camera?"

"I forgot it in the room." Rome shook his head. 

"Really? Me too." Din grinned. 

"Do you want to go out later with me to take some photos?" He asked. Rome bit his lower lip, thinking. Pick needed time for himself, and so did he. He nodded slowly, looking at Pick's displeased face. 

"Why not? It won't hurt anyone." Rome focused back at Din, mustering up a weary smile. 

"Can't wait." Din slid his arm around Rome's shoulder. The gesture didn't go unnoticed by Pick. Rome didn't want to be cruel to his soulmate, nor want to harm him, but the little push in the form of a potential rival couldn't hurt.