Chapter 6

"WHAT!" we, this time, shouted collectively and gave each other shocked looks. This is getting crazier by the minute I thought. Divyanka asked us to calm down and told us how her parents tricked everyone into believing that she has cancer. They told her how she'd have to go through the treatment process which is, according to her, not at all pleasant and then slowly, when they were convinced of her feeling guilty enough, told her the truth. She spent the last 6 months in the rehabilitation centre. Our parents were also told the whole truth at this point. So we and our siblings were the ones who knew nothing about all this turmoil.

By the time Divyanka was done with her story, everyone around us left our side, they got into their own chatting. All of these big revelations were not shocking to them. They were, most definitely, to us. We spent the whole at her place eating and talking. We had way too much gossip to catch-up. Later that day all of us got into our cars to leave for our respective homes. The ride back home felt very ..... relaxing, I guess. I felt peace, the complete one. I knew I can sleep without any baggage. I knew the value of my female friendships. How they fulfil and nourish my soul! I knew the value of my parents. They do the world's toughest job - parenting. How do you love another human so much that even after they break your heart in every possible way, you maintain your sanity enough to look out solutions!

Oh! how my heart fills to know that, at this stage of my life, I have cracked a very serious question - what's the point of life? The answer will be found after spending a few moments with the people you love.

- Shan#43