Chapter 3.

My eyes were always this dead and cold, that is how my father always looked at me whenever I mentioned about my mother. Today was the day Cairo will never see daylight again...

I put the pocket knife to her neck. Cairo this time looks at me in fear. "Tell me one thing, Cairo. Why the hell do you think I was ever just a small, cowardly sheep that ran and hid from these troublesome times?" I say, in my cold, dark tone. Cairo starts to tear up and shake. "Wh-what does that mean?" She asks in a worried tone. I start to foam from the mouth like a savage. "You know what it means, Cairo. The way you seductively talk to me, trying to lure me in with what you called, 'your charm.'" I slowly move the knife down gently to her chest. Before Cairo could speak, my father, got up from his chair and came over to me and Cairo. "Son, what have I told you about converting to violence whenever Cairo does this to you. You know she is just trying to have a little fun..." My father pauses there and just bursts into a rage. "That is it, son! This is the last straw! Get out of my classroom, and get out of my life! I don't want to see your ugly ass face anymore! You are a disappointment." I get up and cry, angrily. "You have always been a horrible father!" I say in between sobs. I run out the door and make my way out the front door. Instead of Cairo doing her usual, smirking and then taking a drag from her cigarette, she gets up and follows me. 

I am sitting at the foot of the stairs in front of the building. My face is buried in my knees and I am crying out of anger. Cairo then catches up to me and sits down next to me. "Hey, a-are you okay?" She says trying her best to comfort me. She rubs my back and looks at me with concern in her eyes. I look up at her with a red face and a scowl. "Why the hell do you suddenly care?!" I snap at her. Cairo doesn't take my insult the wrong way and just smiles. "You know, I am not always seductive, I am also a caring soul who wants to help out someone in need." Cairo sighs. "Look, I like you Christian, like as friends...you are someone I look up to and admire. Someone who I can share my secrets with. Christian, you are one of my only friends." Cairo says that so fluently and softly, I follow her every word and just slightly smile. "Wow, I...uh...I don't know what to say." I say. I am taken aback when she says those words to me. Cairo gives me a sweet smile that I have never seen before. The way her eyes sparkle when she puts on that fragile smile of hers. I am almost tempted to kiss her, but realize that I shouldn't go that far yet. Even though I have a feeling for her that I cannot contain...