1.1. SO DO YOU DOORDASH OR WHAT

1.1
so do you doordash
or what?

THERE'S SOMETHING PEACEFUL about waking up at three a.m. in musutafu, japan. the city is bathed in a serene stillness. the glittering neon lights cast a soft glow, creating a mesmerizing contrast against the dull and darkened horizon. and, as if a shared secret, the gentle murmurs of distant traffic blends seamlessly in with the hushed footsteps and whispers of the cities insomniacs, adding to the sense of quiet intimacy.

(y/n) sat perched on the worn and tattered stool placed on her cramped balcony. stacks upon stacks of boxes enclose her sides, trapping her in forgotten childhood memories and dust. nevertheless, the air is cool and crisp, carrying with it the faint scent of sweet and sour pork from the 24 hour vendor down the street and the acrid, stale smell of mevius cigarettes.

she brings one to her lips and takes a deep breath, choking slightly as the smoke catches in her throat. her lungs fill more than intended, yet, as she exhales, a sense of calm washes over her aching body.

(y/n) can't help but sigh in contentment, embracing the tranquility that ensues.

mornings like this, in the quiet hour when the sun has yet to rise and the sky's painted in shades of midnight blue and the almost invisible twinkles from stars, does (y/n) truly feel at ease. no one on the streets to judge─not even the sun─free from all expectations, and alone in her thoughts.

it's perfect.

(y/n) lets the last bit of her cigarette burn out, staring somberly at the open flames. reaching into the pocket of her cardigan, she groans, clenching her fist around the empty box.

"fuck, i need another pack."

she's tooooo comfortable though: legs tied around each other in a criss-cross-applesauce that looks miles away from being comforting, body finally growing warm after hours of sitting outside, and (h/c) locks finally winning against the fierce winds. comfortable... ish.

"do they doordash cigarettes?"

(y/n) gets up from her stool, grunting at the loss of her comfortable position. getting on her knees she begins patting the floor in of for her phone. in just a few seconds of tapping against the cold concrete of the balcony, (y/n) feels the familiar jagged lines of the cracked, but still fully functional, iphone 7 pro. it's her baby, lasted her the past three years and hopefully three more.

she swipes up with ease, puts her face to the screen and watches as the lock screen disappears and her (e/c) eyes strain at the onslaught of brightly colored apps. she's too lazy to organize it, let alone pick a phone theme. sue her.

after a quick search in safari, (y/n) discovered that they doordash 7/11 and other convince store products.

she thought for a second.

"oh, yes of course (y/n). someone's gonna be up at 3 a.m. hoping and praying to get a request to doordash mighty queen (y/n) the 44th, whose not even of age yet mind you, a box of the equivalent of pure red bull and an ass load of monster─"

[ disclaimer : she hasn't slept in 16 hours ]

"─oh my fucking god, what if the dashers like, a serial killer!?"

she thought─again─just a bit harder this time.

okay look, it's that serious.

risk possible jail time and obvious expulsion from u.a.─maybe possibly murdered by a fellow insomniac whose just as sleep deprived as her─for another pack of mevius cigarettes. or, she could sit outside, numb the urge to light her fourth smoke of the morning, and wait until the day broke and she had no choice but to get ready for another tuesday at school.

difficult choice.

"okay. fuck it, you're doing this for your country, (y/n). dedicate your heart!"

[ disclaimer : wrong fucking anime, bitch ]

─────────────────────────

pyro maniac
(location unknown) | bio: 20, he/him, i am exactly what my username says.
[ matching interests: late nights drive, alt-rock music, deftones,
smoking, cats, breakfast, the smiths, r&b]

(y/n) (l/n)
ummmm idk if the app's updated or something
but like, do you doordash or what?
read at 3:27 a.m.

pyro manic
i'll light you on fire
if you don't fuck off my phone.
opened at 3:28 a.m.

notes
guys i'm so sorry, i literally have a fic
waiting for updates but i needed this book
out asap ... i'm genuinely having fun writing this
so YES ! expect updates !