"I...I..AM SORRY LAN ZHAN, PLEASE BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, I..I ALWAYS THOUGHT MY ATTRACTION TOWARDS YOU WAS BECAUSE I WANTED TO BE YOUR FRIEND"

"Hell I was not even taught about this soulmate thing nor did I learn about it as I was not allowed in the Jiang sect Library. Madam Yu always told me that no one would want to be with a son of a servant and she also told me that I'm undeserving of love or a life partner. As naïve as I am I actually believed her words. I am known as the most shameless man in the cultivation world, arrogant and selfish and yet no one ever saw the pain behind my smile." Wei ying said tears rolling from his eyes.

"But why are you pushing me away Wei Ying", asked Lan Zhan trying to understand his situation. "I am not mad nor angry at you, I just want to know the truth of what happened to you"

"If you knew the truth, I'm afraid you might actually leave me for good this time", Wei Ying chuckled dryly. "Wei Ying, I can feel you are hiding something, I know you suffered wherever you were for the past three months, I felt it everyday", Lan Wangji whispered as he's unable to understand what Wei Ying is talking about.

"Lan Zhan, what if I told you I can never spar with you nor can I yield my sword, for I do not have a golden core to grant me spiritual energy " Wei Ying said and Lan Zhan held his breath, eyes wide open.

"What do you mean", asked Lan Wangji.

"I gave my core to Jiang Cheng, his core was melted by Wen Zhuliu and he was giving up Lan Zhan, he's now the sect leader of Jiang sect and without a core he couldn't lead his sect. I promised Jiang shushu that I'd protect Jiang Cheng with my life, and after the golden core transfer I was thrown into burial mounds by Wen Chao after he and his men beat me up, and that is where I learnt demonic cultivation. I wish you could've told me sooner that we were connected Lan Zhan, you nearly died and it's all my fault, I don't want to lose you Lan Zhan, please don't go" Wei Ying cried, he blamed himself for everything.

Lan Zhan who heard everything was shocked to the core but came out of his stupor when he heard Wei Ying's sobs. He immediately put Wei Ying on his lap and hugged him while rubbing circles on his back to calm him down. Wei Ying held Lan Zhan tightly when he felt warmth surrounding him and he let out all those sorrows he felt for years just cascade down his cheeks in the form of tears.

 Wei Ying held Lan Zhan tightly when he felt warmth surrounding him and he let out all those sorrows he felt for years just cascade down his cheeks in the form of tears

"Calm down Wei Ying, I am here", said Lan Zhan.

On the other side, in the hall the banquet was held, everyone had shocked expressions on their faces but soon they composed themselves as Lan Xichen coughed a little to gain their attention. "I apologize on their behalf", said Zewu Jun as he was not pleased with some reactions he saw.

"So Lan Wangji is that demon's soulmate, what kind of a joke is this", shouted Jin Jixun as he felt humiliated and embarrassed. "Young master Jin, Wuxian is not a Demon, he's my brother's soulmate, so please refrain from insulting him", said Xichen as politely as he can.