Chapter Two: Olympian Concern

Perseus POV:

My tears had dried up quickly enough, and my dad had left soon after. Apparently, my revival had warranted the attention of the entire Olympian Council – as such they were currently stuck in an unplanned meeting. As for me, I was walking through the many Olympian Streets, it was funny. It is said that the Gods didn't change very much, but Olympus had. There were statues where there were none before – the destroyed bridges that he, Annabeth, Grover and Thalia had run across towards Kronos in the last battle had been completely redesigned, instead of bricks, it was instead made with marble, having arches that fell into the distant city below. If that wasn't shock enough, then actually looking down told him that even the city wasn't the same, New York looked completely different... there was no Empire State Building, no Central Park, Manhattan wasn't even an island anymore... Unless this wasn't New York. Unless the Gods had moved on as they had from Greece to Rome.

I looked down and stared down into the unfamiliar city below. 'Where am I? Where is home? Where is camp?' My thoughts kept spiralling, questions falling out of control and seeming to get darker and darker in nature. 'Where are my family?' It got to the point where I didn't even notice the loud footsteps approaching from behind me. "Perseus?" a high-pitched voice called out with both comfort and authority if it were possible. The sudden presence of a goddess made me jump, though I managed to hide my reaction well enough, I was a trained demigod who had led an army into war – I couldn't afford to look weak.

Slowly, I looked off to the side, my eyes tracking a 13-year-old with auburn hair and silver eyes leading a small group of other young girls. Percy couldn't find the strength to move his body to face her completely, so gave her a half-hearted bow and addressed her as "Lady Artemis." Before pushing a sad sigh from his lips and returning to watch the city below. He felt more than he saw or heard her move to stand beside him, her stature being almost the height he now stood at. She didn't speak, she didn't shout at his lack of respect or improper attitude. She simply followed his example in staring out to the unknown cityscape.

They stayed that way for a long time, somehow, even just her presence was a comfort to him, he didn't need her words, frankly they would only make I'm feel worse – the gods tended to have that effect on him. But to see someone that he knew from back then, in a form as young as he now was, calmed his thought somewhat. It wasn't long until his depression turned into anger. It was only then that he spoke. "200 years huh?"

She winced "239." I scoff at that.

"Thanks for that, it matters so much to me." I drawled out. From behind us I heard the girls gasp, probably at my poor attitude and respect for their host.

To Artemis' credit, she didn't react further than eyeing him dangerously. "I'm sorry."

Another gasp from our audience. If I hadn't been so upset at the moment, I might have joined them. Artemis wasn't the kindest goddess to those that slighted her. But right now, I couldn't care. "I'm sure you are. Not that it was your fault. You had a bigger problem to deal with."

"I suppose we did. We could have gotten to you on the Throne Room quicker though, the air spirits wouldn't turn us away, if they had even remained after he infiltrated us. I do-"

"Stop." I told her, my patience running thin. "I don't care. What's done is done. I'll complain about it when I'm good and ready to."

A third gasp ran through the girls, I turned back to look at them. I recognised none. "Fresh Meat?" I asked.

Through gritted teeth their patron managed, "Yes. Their first visit to Olympus, your awakening was only a well-timed coincidence." She claimed.Getting a good look in at the new recruits I nodded, "They look strong, I'm sure they'll do well in your sisterhood."