Prologue

The glowing baby in China was not the first quirk user. In fact, it was a green haired boy in Japan named Izuku. He was the first of three. Izuku's quirk, despite being the first, was far from simple. Indomitable Spirit. It drove his body past the limitations of a normal person, making him impossibly strong, fast, durable, and many other things. And it came with another, very peculiar ability. His eyes, unlike the eyes of others, were more... evolved in a sense. He never forgot anything he saw, and every detail was engraved into his mind, letting him study and perfectly copy things he'd seen, even going so far as to adapt his body to copy quirks he'd seen. As he grew older, he subtly used his quirk to help his community in the changing times of rising quirks. Unfortunately, others were not so kind. Parents would abandon their children in the streets, or even abuse or kill them if they showed signs of having a quirk. It didn't sit right with the man.

He took it upon himself to help. He built an orphanage in the name of love and care, and took in any quirked children left without homes, and would actively seek out children in less than ideal conditions, living with less than ideal people. He would teach them as best they could, and did his best to make sure they never wanted for anything. He became like a father to them. Then things started getting... dangerous. All For One started taking control of certain areas, amassing power. When heroes began arising, he took up the name Adam, father of all quirked humanity, and joined them at the front lines to protect his children.

In a vicious fight with All For One, his lost child, he discovered something new about his quirk. His quirk was as indomitable as the rest of him, as it refused to bow to the villain's whims and be taken. After that fight, All For One fled at the sight of him on the battlefield, preferring to put more of Izuku's children between them as he fled.

As time passed on, Adam's body proved more durable than once thought, and while those around him aged and grew into their own, he seemed to age slower and slower, until he didn't seem to get any older at all. It was saddening, watching his children grow old and turn to dust, but he was able to live with the satisfaction that he cared for them and was able to watch them make their way in the world. That's why he kept caring for his children, and became the world's first legal hero.