Chapter 1

Some would say she is a saint, so pure to the world in ways some can't fathom to believe, yet so inexperienced with the coldness and what lurks within the world. She could never understand it, experiencing the vile and malicious things in this twisted world. Her grace can resemble a flower dancing in the wind. Her spirit and mind are unpredictable, like water, calm, careless, and always moving. Never knowing what will happen till you mindlessly jump into the water not knowing if you'll sink or float.

He was far from being a saint or anything close to it. His past was dark and heinous, almost as if he was destined to be this monster. As if he was born from the shadows themselves. His companion's misery and greed are much more than that, wanting more power and control. The misery could only find him in the depth in which he sunk in. Even the gods couldn't, but they wouldn't dare to. He was always alone in his isolated life in this personal hell, never to be noticed and never to have anyone, or so he thought. It seemed whenever he did show up; he was always covered in blood, almost like he was on the front lines of a war.

The air was thick with tension whenever he was around the other gods, as if they silently understood they may not live to see another day after an encounter with him. That it could be them next at any second. None of the gods knew his age and many of them didn't know his past, either. Many gods only heard the rumors of him keeping their distance from him. Only the oldest gods knew his story, and they barely survived to tell it. They feared what they didn't know and what they didn't understand. Yet everyone but the goddess that they called the saint knew nothing of war, death, dread, and most of all,what lurks in the dark.

The saint was never afraid of the man. She felt he was lonely and despite the intimidating feeling he gave her. She was this tiny, elegant goddess. He was tall and one of the strongest gods to this day. It seems wherever the saint went; he was not too far behind her. She would see him regularly and smile at him when he looked in her direction. Only for him to look away and realize he had gotten caught from staring at her.

Saint chuckled a little at his reaction, only to find his eyes back on her. But it was different; He was no longer ashamed of admiring her. That he had gotten caught, and the look in his eyes was nothing she had seen from him before.

She began; to move toward him in slow long strides, carrying herself with confidence. The light bouncing off the walls made her look even more angelic. Next thing he knew, she was right in front of him.

"Hey there- I always see you around but never seem to get a moment to myself to come and introduce myself. Anyway, you can call me saint. That's what everyone calls me around here."

The silence was comforting. No words just looking into each other's eyes from the small distance between them, as if time had stopped just for them. She didn't dare to look away, the raw emotions showing through his eyes. It was breathtaking and made her feel like they were the only two in the world. Looking into his eyes; it felt like she was seeing a different side of him. Almost as if she was afraid to blink as he would disappear and it would all just be a dream.

As he looked deep into her eyes, studying her face. You could see the warmth and burning compassion on her face. The faint smile with her looking at him. Then realizing that he was smiling back at her and thought maybe he won't be alone for eternity. He felt something he had never experienced with her, which terrified him, but he wouldn't show it. Staring into her eyes, it felt warm, welcoming, and like a home. He, of all people, beginning to think of the saint and not just himself anymore.

Looking at her, and realized the tiny goddess knew nothing about him. He had not seen anyone dare look him in the eyes. But of all the goddesses, she stood out the most to him with her carefree mind and nature. He knew she had no clue about war or what came with it. He felt the need to protect her from anything that could hurt her. She was so vulnerable to the harsh reality of the world. He was the one who never thought of anyone but himself until seeing her now, willing to protect the tiny goddess.