Chapter 1.

MANHATTAN, NYC

9:16 p.m.

AUGUST / P O V

I sat in my office in the trap and placed all the money in the safe. Then there was a knock at the doe. "Come in" I say as I scooted up into my desk trynna look professional. "August, Jakeem here to see you" Derrick said. I nodded my head and locked my fingers together. "Let him in." I say. Jakeem walked in with a blank expression. Derrick closed the door behind him. "Wassup Jakeem haven't seen you round chea in a grip! " I chuckled. Jakeem sat down and stared at me like he wanted to kill me or some shit. "You coo Jakeem?" I asked him with my eyebrow raised. "So you think because you took all my fucking customers, you better than me!? " Jakeem shout. "Woah, Woah, Woah. Where this coming from? " I asked him. "Fuck you mean where its coming from? I was Manhattan's Drug Lord! If it wasn't for me! You wouldn't know shit about Trappin! I made you nigga! " He shout. As he stood up over me. I stood up facing him. "Nigga get that bass outcho voice when you talkin to me! Oh so you mad cuz I took ova!? Cuz I'm Manhattan's greatest Drug Lord?! " I shout. Jakeem chuckled. "August nigga... you ain't shit, all this" He says looking around. "Ain't shit! Keep on flexin Aug. I gotta surprise for you" He says before storming out my office. I shook my head and sat down in my chair. "You ight boss man? " Derrick asked. I nod my head. "Yea mane I'm coo. " I said rubbing my chin. "Look Aug, just know if that nigga Jakeem up to some shit, we gotcho back" He said. "Thanks Derrick, I know yall do. " I said.

Derrick shut the door leaving me in the office to think.

MONICA / P O V

"So mommy? When's daddy coming home? " Lyiah asked as I tucked her in. I sigh. "Soon" I say as I handed her, her Teddy bear. "Why does daddy always have to come home late? " She asked. I dislike the fact that Liyah is only 5 and she already notices everything that's going on. I sigh once more."Baby, he has to work late that's all" I say. "Okay mommy" She says. I kissed her forehead. "Goodnight " I say.

I stood up and cut off her light and closed her door. I sigh before walking down the hall to my bedroom. I laid on the bed and tried to force myself to sleep, but it was no use. I just got outta bed and made my way downstairs and into the kitchen for a glass of orange juice. I heard keys and the front door open. Then August walks inside the kitchen. "Hey" I say. "Wassup ma? " He said as he grabbed a water bottle out the refrigerator. "You okay? " I asked him as I study his body language. "Im ight" He says. "Lyiah is gonna ask you a lot of questions in the morning." I warn him."For what? " He asked takin a sip of his bottled water. "She wants to know why your always home late." I say. He let out a loud sigh. "I wish she just understands that I'm grindin to provide for us. " He said as he took another sip of his water. "She might, she understands everything else that's going on around here. " I say before rolling my eyes."Well I'm finna hit them sheets. " He says while putting his water in the fridge. "Dont forget you have to take her to school. " I remind him. "Ah... I can't " He says. "Why is that August? You know I have to work, I don't have time to drop her off. " I say. "Gotta work early tomorrow. " He says causing me to frown. "You call that a job? That shit is illegal August, you can go to jail for that. And your gonna take our daughter to school. " I say storming out the kitchen.

7:15 a.m.

THURSDAY

AUGUST / P O V

I woke up to see Monica in the mirror fixing her shirt for work. I pulled the covers off of me and got outta bed. Monica started eyeballing me through the mirror as I walked up behind her wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Good Moanin " I say kissing her neck. She unwrapped my arms from her waist and walked outta the room without saying a word. I shook my head and walked inside the bathroom.

-

I kneeled down and gently shook Liyah up. "Baby guh , wake up. " I say. She opened her sleepy eyes and smiled once she saw my face. "Daddy! " She said as she hugged me. I chuckled. "C'mon Liyah you gotta get dressed fa skoo. " I say as I picked her up outta bed and made my way to her closet.

I picked her out a outfit and helped her dress. She skipped to her dresser abd grabbed her brush and a hair scruchy and walked up to me. "Here daddy" she says. I raised an eyebrow. "Mommy still chea, she can do it" I said. "But I want you too please" She smiled. I sigh befo takin the brush outta her hand . "Liyah baby wake... " Monica trailed off once she saw her already up and dressed. "Hi mommy" Liyah says. "Hey baby, August why are you doing het hair? " she asked looking at me. "Liyah wanted me too." I said as I grabbed the scruchy outta Lyiah's hand trying put this shit in a ponytail. Monica started laughing. "Here, I'll do it." She says takin the brush outta my hand. "Well I'm finna go get dressed. " I say befo leaving outta Liyahs room.

MONICA / P O V

I put Liyahs hair in a bun. And fixed her outfit a lil. "You know what you want do for your birthday? " I asked her. I tapped her chin. "Um... I wanna have a party and a sleepover " She Says with a bright smile . I put a fake smile on my face. "I'll see what I can do. " I say.

I hate asking August for money. Yes he's my boyfriend but I was raised to be independent. Being a waitress doesn't really pay much so I guess I just have to talk to August about it.

Me and Liyah walked downstairs so she could eat a poptart. "Lyiah ? You ready?" August asked she nodded her head and hugged me. "Bye mommy" She says. "Bye baby" I say.

I got inside my car and pulled out tge driveway.

AUGUST / P O V

I got inside the car and headed to Liyah's skoo. "Daddy guess what" She says. "What? " I asked her as I turned left. " My birthday is Saturday " She says. I chuckled. "I know baby guh. But what do you want do? " I asked her as I pulled up at her skoo. "I want to have a party and a sleepover. " She says unbuckling her seatbelt. I nod my head slowly. "Ight" I say as I got out and open her doe fa her.

-

"Hello Mr. Alsina, I was expecting Ms.Taylor ." Lyiah teacher says. "I know, she had ta work early today. " I said. She nodded her head. "Ight lil soldier... enjoy ya day. " I say kneeling down then kissed her forehead. "Ok daddy" She smiled befo running ta her friends.

I drove up to the Trap and made my way inside. Whats poppin Derrick " I smiled then gave him Dap. "Nothing mane. Just ready ta make this money." He says. "Thats what I like ta hear. " I say.

After saying wassup ta everybody I made my way ta my office. I walked in ta see my ex Litiah (Li-Thee-ah) sittin on my desk. "Litiah? What you doin here? " I asked her. "To see you" She says with a smile. I closed the doe behind me and looked at her confused. "Why? " I asked her. "Because August, I missed you and... I know you miss me" She says getting off the desk walking towards me. "Nah Litiah... I gotta girl and a daughter, I aint finna let you mess that up for me." I say. She placed her hands on my torso and pulled me to her. "But August can she give you head like I do? " She asked unbuckling my pants. I sigh. "Litiah,what you doin ma? " I asked looking down at her. "Making you change your mind about yo no good girlfriend. " She says squating down placin her lips on my tip. I let out a groan. She began to deep throat my shit . "L-Litiah bruh... hol up hol up. " I say pushing her head away a lil. She stood up and looked at me confused. "Whats wrong?" she asked. "What you mean whats wrong? I got a girl at home , I'm not finna just let you give me head. Get out Litiah ." I say as I fixed my pants. "Ight August... just know I was your down ass chick, we'll see how long ya lil girlfriend will be down for you. " she said befo walkin out my office. I sat in my chair and put my face in my hands and sigh.

What yall thing? Sorry for any mistakes.