fractured reality (TWICE x reader)

(A/N [disclaimer]: this was actually a dream/nightmare of mine (not with twice in it, I just changed the roles). Read it with your own responsibility. I tried to make it milder than it was. tw! pills, stabs.)

In the quaint town of your seemingly idyllic life, the sun-dappled days held the promise of happiness. You, a vibrant and healthy young person, carved your place in the world.

You excelled in academics, adorned with the warmth of a loving girlfriend named Chaeyoung, and surrounded by a tight-knit circle of friends who painted your world with laughter and companionship.

The echoes of joy, however, would soon be silenced by an unthinkable tragedy. The news of Chaeyoung's death, a haunting specter hanging from a tree in the depths of a serene forest, shattered the tranquil facade of your existence.

The vibrant hues of your life transformed into a monochrome canvas, each memory tainted by the indelible stain of loss.

You found yourself enveloped in an insidious darkness that seemed to seep into every corner of you once vibrant existence. The loss of Chaeyoung became an indelible mark on your soul, a heavy burden you carried like a leaden anchor.

In an attempt to navigate the storm within, you turned to medication, hoping the pills would serve as a lifeline in the tumultuous sea of your emotions.

However, the medication proved to be a double-edged sword, casting a shadow on you already fragile mental state.

The once-healthy person you were became entangled in a web of side effects, the pills amplifying your pain instead of alleviating it.

The laughter of your friend group, once a symphony of shared joy, now seemed like a distant melody, drowned out by the cacophony of your internal struggles.

Days merged into nights, each passing moment a relentless reminder of your anguish. The pills, intended to be a beacon of relief, only intensified the shadows that clouded your mind.

As you retreated further into yourself, you grappled with the cruel paradox of medication worsening the very condition it was meant to heal.

The pill bottles accumulated like silent witnesses to your struggles, you stood at the crossroads of pain, desperately seeking a glimmer of light in the profound darkness that had consumed you.

5 months later

Your friends found themselves entwined in a macabre mystery. Whispers of a ghost prowling the area where Chaeyoung had met her untimely demise cast a palpable fear over the town.

People disappeared under the veil of night, only to be discovered lifeless, their demise seemingly orchestrated by an elusive specter.

In a desperate attempt to unravel the enigma and confront the spectral terror that plagued their community, your friends turned to you.

"So uh.. Y/N.. how about you get out of your house, it's been so long.." Nayeon suggested and sat next to you while the other girls were around you.

"Yeah they said there is a ghost in the area that Chaeyoung died.. we need to investigate it at night please.." Jeongyeon added, agreeing with Nayeon's statement. Some of them were hesitant but still agreed just to see what would happen.

"I don't wanna go! Leave me alone!" You yelled feeling irritated by their sudden visit and suggestion on going on the place that Chaeyoung died.

"Just take your pills and follow us.. Come on, everything is gonna be alright." Tzuyu said a bit sternly making you sigh in defeat. You stood up and took your pills before changing to more comfortable clothes.