Chapter Twenty Two

A month had easily passed by, it went as smoothly as it could

A month had easily passed by, it went as smoothly as it could. During the day I struggled to work as normal worker while maintaining a civil relationship with a client who swirled my mind with confusion and left my heart to ache alone.

But oh well, I brought this upon my myself.

Days went by in rearranging my living room furniture on my own, thinking of it as therapy. And especially cause it was needed with Shiloh's constantly biting my furniture around.

As I tossed the plate into the sink, the bell rang as I frowned wondering who would be at my door at 2pm in the afternoon, making my way out of the kitchen I check my living room if anything is out of its place.

As I pull the door open, my heart skips a beat at the unexpected sight before me. Without hesitation, I leap forward and wrap my arms tightly around his neck, feeling a rush of joy and disbelief coursing through me. His embrace is warm and familiar, grounding me in the reality of his presence.

His arms encircle my waist effortlessly as he lifts me off the ground, twirling me around in a whirlwind of emotions. I can't help but laugh, the sheer happiness of the moment overwhelming any sense of confusion or doubt.

As we finally come to a stop, I look up at him, still processing the shock of his unexpected arrival. "What are you doing here?" I manage to stammer out, my voice filled with equal parts surprise and delight.

He chuckles softly, a playful glint dancing in his eyes. "Seriously, young lady?" he teases, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "That's the first thing you ask me? No 'Welcome, Ethan, come inside!' or 'Meet Shiloh!'?" He gestures towards the little fella with a mock frown, earning a sheepish grin from me in response.

"Okay, okay," I admit, unable to suppress a smile. "Welcome, Ethan, come inside! And meet Shiloh," I add, gesturing towards the excited puppy who's been eagerly wagging his tail throughout the entire exchange.

With a laugh, Ethan pulls me into another hug, his presence filling me with a sense of comfort and happiness.

As Ethan cuddles Shiloh in his arms, I smile at the heartwarming scene before taking his suitcase inside to the guest room. Once everything is settled, I return to the living room to find Ethan sitting one the couch while cuddling and cooing at Shiloh.

Taking a seat on the opposite couch, I lean back and prop my legs up, shooting him a curious glance. "So, what brought you to Mumbai?" I inquire, attempting to break through his facade.

"Business, what else?" Ethan responds casually, but his avoidance of eye contact betrays his attempt to deflect the question.

Raising an eyebrow, I lean forward slightly, fixing him with a knowing gaze. "You know, you're not a very convincing liar," I tease gently, a smirk playing at the corners of my lips. "Tanishka called you, didn't she?"

Ethan's expression shifts, a mixture of surprise and resignation flickering across his features before he lets out a sigh, conceding defeat. "Alright, fine, you got me," he admits, finally meeting my gaze. "She did call. But hey, can you blame her? She knows I can't resist the chance to see my favourite girls and your adorable new puppy." He punctuates his words with a playful grin, attempting to lighten the mood.