Chapter 13

(Junior regained consciousness in a pile of rubble, lifting his head up and moaning. He removes himself from the rubble..)

Junior: Janice! Janice, you okay? Penelope, Joseph, anybody?

[Dusting herself off, Janice growls with an angry look, taking off her mask and slides down to Junior.]

Janice: [upset about Janice's behaviour] What the heck was that?

Junior: [refering to the subway bus they encountered[ Some kind of drippy, crazy subway monster.

Janice: Not the monster! You! *points to him* Why weren't you listening to anybody?

Junior: Because I was trying to get us into the other side of that fight and into the building!

Janice: Well, gee. That sure worked out well.

Junior: I don't get it. I was doing everything right. How could it go so wrong?

Janice: Because you weren't listening to your team! You don't have all the answers all the time!

Junior: But I'm the greatest hero the world's ever seen. You said that.

Janice: [coldly] I was wrong.

Junior: What?

Janice: [gets up angrily] You're impulsive, you're arrogant, and you don't see that every decision you make could cost someone their life! You want to know what really happens to your friend in the future? They die. Everybody dies fighting EFFY.

[Junior's angry look turns into a look of horror and sadness when he heard Janice say that. ]

Janice: The world needs a hero. And all we got is this guy.

(She tossed the photo away beside Junior and left. Junior picks up the photograph of he, Jeffy, Penelope, Joseph, Cody, and Chef Pee Pee that Janice tosses at him and regards it as Janice digs her way through the rubble.)

[Trans. Ext. Metro Tower; Day]

News anchor: We have an update on the strange situation at Metro Tower. All contact has been lost with those inside the building, and conflicting reports suggest something is barricading the entrance for emergency personnel.

(New York City Police Department cars pull up to Metro Tower. A helicopter flies to the top of Metro Tower, the building already covered with growth. EFFY and EEBEE climb the roof to prepare to make a portal.)

EFFY: Fools. These creatures should welcome the power of EFFY.

Police: You on the rooftop. Stop and surrender immediately!

Reporter: We've got eyes on the rooftop where the police are confronting—What is that?

EFFY: You may begin.

(EFFY charges at the Earth Protection Force helicopter. EEBEE expands the growth on the Metro Tower roof. The man on the helicopter fires his gun, but EFFY leaps onboard and the Earth Protection Force helicopter spins out of control.)

Reporter: Oh, look! Oh, no! Okay! Wait!

(As the Earth Protection Force helicopter falls, EFFY attacks the reporter and the camera goes static. The helicopter crashes to the ground.)

Man: Look out!

(Krang One returns to the top of Metro Tower.)

[Trans. Int. Metro Tower subway; Day]

(Janice continues to try to clear the path as Junior keeps looking at the photo he picked up. The more he looks at it and thinks about what Janice told him, he finally realizes everything he has done. He felt so ashamed and closed his eyes, sighing. Janice pulled another rubble away and saw an opening. She starts to pull another one away until Junior, now reformed, pulled the rubble away. Janice was surprised. SHe starts to bash into the wall to break through.]

Janice: Um, thanks. Look, about what I said...

Junior: Listen, Jan, I know I'm not the Junior you knew in the future, and who knows? Maybe I never will be. This whole time I was sure my family needed me, but the truth is I need them. And if we're gonna survive this, we have to do it together.

(They break through the subway wall in unison and hoist themselves up an elevator cable.)

Junior: Comin', Janice?

(Janice smiles)