[6]

Mi-Sun felt depleted of any energy as she sat on the gymnasium floor, her head tilted back resting on the wall behind her, her eyes closed.

The other same-aged children sat around her, forming a circle, watching her as they nibbled on their freshly made sandwiches.

"Are you okay, Mi-Sun?"

"You keep talking, Jun-Hee, but all i'm hearing is that we're screwed."

Her head was spinning at the new information. Confused at every step.

"I'm confused about the boundary tho. Didn't I technically cross that when in came here? The taxi just drove over the line you guys are describing." She crossed her arms over her legs, burying her head in them. "Or does that not count? I got the first message when i was already in the lobby, so does that not count, or...?"

There would likely never be an answer to that question, she realized. She took a deep breath, before looking up at her classmates, "Okay, now what?"

This time it was Yoon-seo who answered, "There's a trail leading up it a mountain, after the mountain we should reach a village, where we can ask the people for help."

"Since it would be more efficient for only a small group of us to go it will be a group consisting on me, So-Mi, Na-Hee, Hyun-Ho, Dong-Hyun and Woo-Ram," Jun-Hee added.

"Okay," Mi-Sun breathed out, coming to terms with their current situation, "When are we leaving?"

Kyung-Jun's gaze flitted up to her, surprised at her choice of words, "We? They, right?"

"I'm a runner," she deadpanned, "Hiking is basically a warm-up for me. And with the troupe you guys have selected, i'm sure they will need me up there."

Kyung-Jun's eyes were fixed on hers for a second before he kept talking, "Then i'll be coming too"

Mi-Sun was stunned internally as she immediately shook her head, "We're already more than enough people. Some people should stay back in case Teacher Jo comes back."

The children around them couldn't help but stare at the pair. Since wehen did Kyung-Jun care about anyone, other than himself?

Meanwhile the two only kept their eyes locked, as Kyung-Jun looked for reassurance in her eyes.

"Fine, whatever," he rolled his eyes, annoyed at himself and the situation.

***

Soon class 2-3 of Yooil High School were gathered outside, as part of the students prepared themselves and the rest wished them goodbye and good luck.

Mi-Sun for one, stood next to her friend group consisting of Hyun-Ho, Dong-Hyun and Na-Hee, catching up about the past week they hadn't seen each other, when she felt her friends eyes shift behind her. She felt a tug on her -Kyung-Jun's- green and red windbreaker and turned around to meet the initial owner of said jacket.

He stood in front of her holding out a light grey sweat jacket. "You look cold, wear this instead."

Mi-Sun was lost for words as she looked at the handsome boy in front of her, her crush, as he offered her his clothes again.

Is this what they mean when they talk about boyfriend material?

"Thanks," she didn't meet his eyes as she took of his windbreaker, smiling as she handed it to him and put on his sweat jacket. Meanwhile, he could help as his breath hitched in his throat at the sight of her skin tight sports bra briefly exposed to him. "That's really sweet of you."

She grabbed his wrist, scared he might dash off again as he usually does and kept talking, meeting his eyes this time, "Let's have a talk when i come back?"