Newfound Dominion

Word Count: 4,137Approximate Reading Time: 17 minutes

Word Count: 4,137
Approximate Reading Time: 17 minutes

(Still alive!🤎)
· ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ·
Kenna:

"Take your time."

Time is of the essence they say. And I knew my fate was awaiting my call. Rico, Caius, Kane. What was I to do about all of them?
Each of them had their own timers. It was frustrating.

The forest was shrouded in darkness as I sat alone, the echoes of Rico's words lingering in the air. I couldn't see him, but I felt the weight of his absence. It was a moment of introspection, a silent battle between the conflicting forces within me.

After a while, I gathered myself and stood up. The night had grown colder, and the sounds of the forest whispered secrets that only those attuned to the undead world could comprehend. With determination, I decided to head back to the cabin.

As I retraced my steps through the dense trees, I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. The shadows played tricks on my perception, and every rustle in the underbrush made me tense. The woods, once a sanctuary, now felt like a maze of uncertainties.

When the cabin came into view, a mixture of relief and apprehension washed over me. I pushed open the creaking door and stepped inside, the familiar scent of the wood and the faint warmth of the fireplace greeting me.

The interior was dimly lit, and my eyes adjusted to the contrast. Naomi lay peacefully on the bed, seemingly undisturbed by the chaos that had unfolded outside. I approached her and brushed a strand of hair from her face, a surge of protectiveness filling me.

Kane was still there, sitting on the edge of the bed, his gaze fixed on Naomi. He looked up as I entered, a mix of emotions playing across his face. Guilt, perhaps, for the unexpected kiss that had transpired before I left.

"Everything alright?" he asked cautiously, standing up.

I nodded, not trusting my voice. Instead, I headed for the door, leaving it open as a silent invitation for him to follow. The night air was crisp, and I needed the open space to clear my thoughts.

Kane joined me outside, the moon casting a pale glow on the surroundings. "I didn't mean to complicate things," he admitted, his expression somewhat earnest.

I sighed, feeling a blend of frustration and understanding. "It's not just you, Kane. Everything is complicated. I'm trying to navigate a world where I don't fully belong, where choices are made for me, not by me."

He nodded, a silent acknowledgment of the shared burden we both carried. The weight of being caught between two worlds, constantly pulled in conflicting directions.