Chapter 1: Candle wax, crocodile tears.

She wasn't sure how they got to this point.

They never argue, nothing was ever wrong, yes maybe a few tiffs here and there but never this far.

The bedroom had been silent for a couple minutes. They stood in front of each other, the blinds were down and the room was dimly lit by scented candles. What once was romantic was now overrun by tears.

Morticia wiped her eyes, swiping her finger over her eyes but it didn't stop the crystals from blurring her sight.

"Look Tish, i tried to make it up to you i really did but you're dragging this along. I think it's best you calm down" a voice spoke, Gomezs.

There was an anger in his voice, she's heard it before, just not directed to her.

He stepped towards her slowly and reached out a hand to stroke her cheek.

Usually his touch always calmed her, it was soft and smooth. But it wasn't the same, all she felt was humiliation. As if he was teasing her, dragging what felt like stones and blades down her wet cheek. He was talking softly but she didn't focus on it, she just focused on the embarrassment. Her mind was foggy, she had no idea why she was so pissed at Gomez.

"Please gomez. I've told you before, leave me be. I'll tend to this later." she muttered weakly.

Sadness was the only thing he could take from that, sadness and avoidance. Avoiding her problems like it was nothing. But they both knew otherwise.

"I think it's best if we do our own things," she continued. " for a while... I'll talk to you after supper, it's no big deal."

She dabbed her eyes once more, this time her blue eyes were dry.

Gomez stared at her for a while before stepping backwards and heading to the bedroom door.

"If that is what you please cara. But if you do need me I'll be with Pugsley, we have new trains to blow!" he chuckled feebly.

There was a part of him that wanted to refuse her request, go back to her and kiss her until she accepted him back, but he knew not to overstep.

It was torture, not the kind they liked.

He slowly dragged himself downstairs and was met with his kids. Wednesday and Pugsley. Ignorant and Oblivious. maybe it was better that way.

Upstairs, in complete solitary, she sat on his side of the bed. a black handkerchief in her hand. she couldn't bring herself to move. she couldn't bring herself to go downstairs, or see her kids. withdrawn was what she was. why was she so angry at gomez, angry over something she can't remember because she was blinded by hatred and disgust.

Tears started falling, again, and she let them, knowing that nobody could hear her anymore. She didn't bother wiping her face, Gomez knows neither of them would see eye to eye until supper. She'll have to wait.

She laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling, it was painted black, just how she would like it. Morticia occasionally tossed herself to the side to check the time on the wall.

It was dragging along, so very slowly.

16:00.pm

17:00.pm

18:00.pm

As soon as it hit half six she pulled herself up, straightening her nightgown. She hadn't changed this morning, but she doesn't want to go downstairs in it, that would be utter humiliation.

She trudged to her closet and pulled out her signature dress. Her wedding dress, she smiled for a brief moment. The dress Gomez told her to never take off. Her smile quickly faded. Although she can't just stop doing everything he's liked or asked of her, it would destroy everything about her, what he doesn't know is that her whole life is built upon him.

She huffed and slowly put her dress on, it was hard without help, she usually had Gomez help her with the zipper on the back but she can't just call him up here now, he's downstairs, thinking she's mad at him.

She must admit she is annoyed. Her mind was still foggy and she can't remember what exactly started the argument.

All she knows is she has to be someone independent.

She sat down at her vanity and started combing through her hair, brushing on eyeshadow and mascara, and eventually putting on her cherry lipstick, the one Gomez bought for her, the one he liked. Nothing was her own, it was all gomez. Maybe it had always been that way?

She checked the clock again, she had been moving so slowly. It's half 7. Supper should be ready soon.

All she had to do was prepare herself. Go and face him now.