🍓SWEET FRESA-CHAPTER-2

The morning sun bathed Burlington in a warm glow, painting the streets with vibrant hues

The morning sun bathed Burlington in a warm glow, painting the streets with vibrant hues. Inside a cozy home, Meera stirred with the rising light. Her dusky face, kissed by the sun, gleamed, and her waist-length locks, usually braided in intricate patterns, were currently a messy masterpiece from sleep. A sleepy smile stretched across her face as she yawned, then stretched languidly, her fingers already reaching for the snooze button before her eyes even fully opened. Then, a few deep breaths, inhaling the crisp morning air and exhaling any lingering sleepiness. It was a ritual, a way to greet the day with a clear mind and open heart. She hummed a cheerful tune as she brushed her teeth, the melody weaving through the air like a playful thread. 

Meera's outfit!

Meera's outfit!

Bathed in the morning sunlight, Meera luxuriated in the warmth as she dried her hair on the balcony. Despite owning a hair dryer, her grandma Nalini always insisted on the natural benefits of drying hair in the morning sun. Humming a tune, Meera gently towel-dried her hair, relishing the peaceful moment. As she went about her routine, her faithful companion Ginger, her cat, nuzzled her legs. With a chuckle, she scooped him up. "Hey Ginger! Good morning," she greeted him, to which he responded with a soft "meow," as if in agreement. Meera adored cute dresses and preferred outfits that didn't reveal too much. She valued modesty and comfort in her attire, choosing styles that reflected her sweet personality. She works part-time at a nearby bookstore, immersing herself in the world of literature and sharing her passion for books with others. Additionally, Meera dedicates herself to her Bharatanatyam classes, attending them twice a week. Despite her busy schedule, she embraces her responsibilities with enthusiasm.

Meera emerged from her room. Devotional hymns to Lord Murugan filled the air, their rhythmic melody drawing her towards the source. Nalini, her grandmother, sat bathed in the golden light, eyes closed, her body swaying gently in rhythm, a serene smile gracing her lips. "Good morning, Patti(Grandma)!" Meera chirped,  Nalini opened her eyes, her gaze crinkling with warmth. "Good morning, my Meera dear. Did you sleep well?" "Like a log," Meera replied, snuggling closer. 

From the kitchen, the tantalizing aroma of elachi tea and hot idlies wafted through the air, announcing Anjali's presence. Meera's mother, a whirlwind of energy and love, was humming a tune as she worked her culinary magic. "Amma!" she chimed, skipping into the kitchen. "Do you need any help?"Anjali, busy packing her lunch bag, turned with a warm smile. "No, da. Just make sure to eat on time and wake up your younger brother, Naveen! Amma's running late for school." Anjali, a dedicated science teacher at the local high school, understood the significance of punctuality. Kumaran, her husband, sat at the table, engrossed in the morning newspaper. Meera turned her attention to her father, teasingly remarking, "Appa, you better be careful. Amma's getting ready for school, not a romantic date!"